• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help with loss of Hifiman HE-6

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Woohoo!! When you set a common objective for a group to rally around, any goal is feasible. Hats off to you @Inner Space

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
SOLD Intel NUC DN2820FYK mini-PC, for $50 Used, 8.0/10 condition, glossy black plastic top looks a bit dull from dust abrasion otherwise very good. Includes 4 GB RAM and power supply but no operating system, VESA mounting bracket or drive (takes any 2.5" SATA drive). Makes a great music server with Vortexbox, Daphile. I think this was also the model used by JRiver for their original Id appliance. Power supply is universal 100-240V type, but is fitted with USA-type 2-prong plug.

Fujifilm Instax SQ10 hybrid instant camera $70. Black, Used 9.5/10 condition. Includes 3 packs of film.
_4140199.jpg_4140200.jpg_4140202.jpg
Tecsun Q3 portable FM radio, orange color. $20, Used 9.5/10 condition. Surprisingly good sound for such a small radio.
_4140197.jpg
Photos are of actual sale items. Radio still has protective film over the display.

Jim Matthews

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks everyone for the kind donation. Due to huge generosity of member @Inner Space who donated his Focal Utopia to the member, he is happy. I now have this slush fund of all the donations on top of that. Please let me know if you want your money back. Otherwise, I will put the funds towards the forum.

Your support of me and the member who lost his headphone went above and beyond anything I could imagine. We not only share a great hobby, but also a great heart!
Put it in the insured return freight fund.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
OK... so this is strange turn of events....

Get all of our shipments and what do I find? The darn HE-6 headphone box! They returned it to me. My shipping labels is not on the box. Only the outbound one is so they proceeded to deliver it again. I don't know what happened to my label. Either I forgot to put it on :), or it peeled off somehow. Either way, I have notified the owner of the unit and @Inner Space to not send in his Utopia.

I guess you all created such good Karma that it resulted in the headphone being found!!! :) Now I am back depressed that I put you all through this and caused you all to donate money and such. I am very sorry about that.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Can we put Karma on the to be Measured list? I really want to know if it’s true. :cool: You have just collected a replacement fund when something sooner or later does go missing.

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Get all of our shipments and what do I find? The darn HE-6 headphone box! They returned it to me. My shipping labels is not on the box. Only the outbound one is so they proceeded to deliver it again. I don't know what happened to my label. Either I forgot to put it on :), or it peeled off somehow. Either way, I have notified the owner of the unit and @Inner Space to not send in his Utopia.

I guess you all created such good Karma that it resulted in the headphone being found!!! :) Now I am back depressed that I put you all through this and caused you all to donate money and such. I am very sorry about that.
That's great that it isn't lost!

This reminds me that it is a good idea to include a 2nd label inside the box in case the outside label is lost and there is no other info on the box for the shipper to go by. I never do this and I should.

The UPS web setup prints the label on half a page of paper wasting the other half. Why don't they print 2 labels on one page of paper to encourage putting one in the box? Maybe there is a setting to do this I don't know about.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
No worries Amir. We all make mistakes and this one had fortuitous results. With your offer to return money, I am sure there will be no hard feelings, though hopefully most do not take you up on returning money.

The only remaining problem then is @Inner Space needs to find a new reason to re-gift or otherwise unload the Utopias. I am perpetually available for the next scheme. ;)

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If it makes you feel better, you can consider my donation a bribe to get that pair of Sundaras reviewed ASAP.
And my Infinity RS152s I sent in around Christmas :p.

Would have been funnier if Amir discovered the packaged on 4/20 (side note: Apple event that day (Apple did make a weed joke during a Keynote before); probably new iPads, maybe new 16” MBP with M1).

Inner Space

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm @Inner Space and I'm very touched by the nice things you've all said about me. Now of course I find myself the recipient of all that good karma ... and I'm doing nothing for it, thanks to UPS's weird ways.

So ... time to double down!

Background: movies and TV (much more than the music business itself) get you gifts all the time. Some years ago I worked postproduction sound on a movie, in a suite Focal had equipped. The movie did good box office and won major awards, including for sound. Therefore the Focal people keep me on their Xmas list. Hence the Utopias, which were superfluous, because I only use headphones at my NYC place - and I already have a pair there.

Similar thing with Neumann - they sent me Senn HD820s.

It's absolutely not cool with me either personally or professionally to sell gifts for personal cash.

So ... here's the deal: I'll send you either pair, if you donate to ASR - $1500 for the Focals, $500 for the Senns. Chronologically @Helicopter has first dibs on the Focals. The Senns are up for grabs.

Again, sincere thanks for the nice things y'all said.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Glad the headphones are found and back in safe hands.
I think the best thing to do is if anyone wants money back, they can have it back and for those that donated without upgrading memberships should be upgraded and rest used for ASR operations.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
I'm @Inner Space and I'm very touched by the nice things you've all said about me. Now of course I find myself the recipient of all that good karma ... and I'm doing nothing for it, thanks to UPS's weird ways.

So ... time to double down!

Background: movies and TV (much more than the music business itself) get you gifts all the time. Some years ago I worked postproduction sound on a movie, in a suite Focal had equipped. The movie did good box office and won major awards, including for sound. Therefore the Focal people keep me on their Xmas list. Hence the Utopias, which were superfluous, because I only use headphones at my NYC place - and I already have a pair there.

Similar thing with Neumann - they sent me Senn HD820s.

It's absolutely not cool with me either personally or professionally to sell gifts for personal cash.

So ... here's the deal: I'll send you either pair, if you donate to ASR - $1500 for the Focals, $500 for the Senns. Chronologically @Helicopter has first dibs on the Focals. The Senns are up for grabs.

Again, sincere thanks for the nice things y'all said.
Donation for Focal Utopias is complete. Thanks so much for the generousity @Inner Space !

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Donation just sent despite it all working out already. This thread captures a big part of why ASR is the only web forum I've ever spent considerable time reading and is certainly the only one I've ever joined.

An anecdote about what I consider a typical experience with UPS: When Cream played a small number of reunion shows in London and New York in 2005 I was lucky enough to score tickets at MSG. They were delivered by UPS which threw the paperboard envelope in a puddle on my doorstep during a rainstorm. Needless to say the tickets and barcodes were destroyed. Ticketmaster was actually cool and easy going about sending new ones. In my experience it says a lot if your company has worse service than Ticketmaster...

Top Bottom