• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hello... New Guy! Here's my stuff

mannye

Found this place by chance. Seems nice.

My current systems

Home Theater:
B&K Reference 50 S2 (It ain't broke..I ain't fixin' it)
Outlaw Audio 750 amp (Same as above)
Definitive Technologies BP 2002 towers, CLR 2000 center, BPX rears. All bi-polar except the center
TV is a 55 inch Samsung something or other that's about 7-8 years old ( the "ain't broke trend continues)
Generic electric 100" screen that rolls down in front of the TV
Panasonic FP ... it's old... but still puts out a nice 720p picture... when the bulb finally pops we'll see what happens.
Sources are an XBOX 1 and an OTA TIVO and a Fire Stick.

The HT is currently in a state of flux as I search for some good used Genelec far field self powered speakers to replace the old Def Techs. I plan to recess the speakers into the wall and remove all the bulky speaker cable to be replaced by thin signal cable. It's going to sound glorious. But it will be expensive. The main speakers have been removed and are acting as the subs in my Frankenstein Gaming Garage System. More on that later....

In the same room as the HT sits my vintage stereo system:
Yamaha CR-2020
Yamaha NS-690ii speakers
Sony PS-X5 turntable with Shure M97xE cart
Music Hall turntable with Goldring 1012GX cart

I use that way more than the HT these days.

In the garage:
Orb Audio Mini-T amp
Hornshoppe "The Horn" speakers
Def Tech BP 2002 subs (only using the sub part, not the speaker part)
Sources are my gaming rig and a Amazon Echo.

Pictures will be added.

The garage system is crazy. I first removed the BP 2002 speakers from the HT because I had been buying thrift and Craiglist speakers to restore and wanted to listen to the final products in the "good room" so I stored them on the sides of my shelves in the garage... then I placed the Hornshoppe Horns upside down on top of them... just storing them out of the way... then one day I wanted some speakers with a little more oomph for Skyrim and, I mean, they were just sitting there...

Past setups:

Bottlehead Foreplay preamp
Bottlehead Paramour monoblocks (2A3)
Hornshoppe Horns
Music Hall MMF-5

The above setup was probably the best sounding rig I've ever owned. I only wish I had known that before I sold it thinking I would build another Foreplay and Paramour later on (it was great fun) but when I went back to Bottlehead a few years later, Foreplay was in it's second or third iteration and the Paramour monoblocks were long gone... and the prices had tripled... so.... yeah.

Top Bottom