• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Heavys. A meme or awesomeness?

ziddy76

From Axel Grell.

Kickstarter project. Backed it because I must own this meme. He claims can increase the loudness of metal without damaging hearing with two woofer and tweeter per cup.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Interesting they put the tweeters in front. I am a bit curious what that does to soundstage. The thing about making them sound louder with less hearing damage sounds like BS to me, unless it means they added some sort of downward sloped shaping to the frequency response. IMO Harman and Bose make the best BT NC headphones. If you want downward sloping to frequency response to reduce hearing damage, you could just do it in software EQ. Personally I'd rather just listen to lower sound pressure levels as I don't like bloated bass. Amir has a pair of Bose NC45 to test. I am betting they are better than Heavys.

OP
Z

ziddy76

Yeah... clearly the Heavys are not for you as it seems it has gone over your head who these headphones are meant for and why.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
I suspect they were like, 'Hey, Beats did really well with hip hop. We should do that, but with metal.' Any time a sound signature is supposed to be better for one type of music, I have doubts. Although there might be something to the tweeter placement for tailored soundstage. The dosimetry tech seems like a good idea too.

Top Bottom