• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HD58X frequency response investigation

Patrick1958

Forum Donor
With enough power, I don't think 650/6XX feels that "veiled" at all. Maybe compared to a more modern/well designed planars or other well-performing headphones, but people have been making this complaint about 650s since their release when 95% of them were probably running them with inadequate amplification and there was virtually no all-around better options.
I can assure you there are considerably differences between fabrication runs of same model. From day one, years ago, when i got my HD 650 i noticed it was lacking in the mid/treble on my unit feading it from a Violectric V100 and now from the Topping A90. As confirmed by Solderdude i indeed got an dud with less than optimal performance, my ears where not deceiving me. Scroll to bottom, The Veil… [insert ominous music]

Top Bottom