• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

BenF

Forum Donor
E30 L30 now available in red and blue
Yeah, the color of the DAC/amp is by far the most important thing in my audio chain...
that red/blue anodising really changes the interior workings in a magical way far beyond human unterstanding

dmac6419

Major Contributor
Yeah, the color of the DAC/amp is by far the most important thing in my audio chain...
that red/blue anodising really changes the interior workings in a magical way far beyond human unterstanding
What's unterstanding?

Veri

Master Contributor
Astonishing all these messages today concerning the Topping D70s and D30Pro to drown the main thread of the "X16 Gustard" :cool:
Point taken, let's try to stay on-topic.. :)

Fjfjsh

With them finally having a webpage I wonder how warranty claims will go for those that did not purchase their unit from Apos?

gustard

Audio Company
With them finally having a webpage I wonder how warranty claims will go for those that did not purchase their unit from Apos?

1. Contact the seller and assist in sending it back to the Chinese factory for warranty.
2. Contact GUSTARD yourself, and then send it back to the factory for warranty (the factory does not bear the freight).

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
Ha sorry, I was just joking. Shenzhen Audio announced a shipping date "in december". I've ordered, I am waiting, but frankly speaking, this is the first time and the last time I order a product in a pre-order gambling.

Now I am waiting, I miss the product for Christmas, and I hope it will be send before the Chinese New Year.

bartgign

Ha sorry, I was just joking. Shenzhen Audio announced a shipping date "in december". I've ordered, I am waiting, but frankly speaking, this is the first time and the last time I order a product in a pre-order gambling.

Now I am waiting, I miss the product for Christmas, and I hope it will be send before the Chinese New Year.
Same situation for me ...

Lorenzo74

I have a dual mono Hypex nc400, I would like to try a akm dac, but the X16 seems to be better than any akm dac... Not to mention the akm's problems.
I hope that it will be sell in Italy through Amazon

I hope too but so far only ebay at 410€ plus tax.
not bad but noAmazon 30day trial. Which speaker do you have?

ArturoKiwi

I hope too but so far only ebay at 410€ plus tax.
not bad but noAmazon 30day trial. Which speaker do you have?
Kef Reference 205, oldies but I like them very much.
And Amazon warranty, not to mention that it is easier to send it back if you will have a broken or a problem in the next 2 years

Lorenzo74

Kef Reference 205, oldies but I like them very much.
And Amazon warranty, not to mention that it is easier to send it back if you will have a broken or a problem in the next 2 years

Fully agree.
It happend to me recently.
Amazon warranty is absolutely amazing, worth some additional money especially on expensive stuff.

A Surfer

Major Contributor
I just joined the X16 que myself, for a silver unit that will look better with my NAD M3. I would have happily gone with the SMSL SU-9 had it been available in silver. I don't think there is much difference between the two DACs to be honest, but I like the look of the X16's power supply and the components seem well selected so should be my last DAC purchase for many years now I hope.

Top Bottom