• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Great recordings of classical music

Keith_W

Major Contributor
There is another thread here with exactly the same title. I have reported your post to the mods and requested that the threads be merged.

Ibofobi

There is another thread here with exactly the same title. I have reported your post to the mods and requested that the threads be merged.
Those threads will probably be fun to merge. :p There is also this thread, which could be merged while at it!

Keith_W

Major Contributor
I think you might be a bit confused. The post above mine was originally started as a new thread. I asked the mods to merge the threads, and my post got moved along with it. So my link now links to the same thread I was redirecting to. Maybe the mods should delete all these posts about thread mergers to keep this thread on topic, so I will report my own post.

Ibofobi

I think you might be a bit confused. The post above mine was originally started as a new thread. I asked the mods to merge the threads, and my post got moved along with it. So my link now links to the same thread I was redirecting to. Maybe the mods should delete all these posts about thread mergers to keep this thread on topic, so I will report my own post.
Indeed I didn't catch that! Well, that's perhaps some of the fun that should be straightened out when merging I think. My apologies for the rant and off topics!

computer-audiophile

Major Contributor

Today I heard this formidable duo. At the Carl Maria von Weber Vineyard house with its wonderful flowering garden in Dresden. The couple played in perfect harmony four-handed on a historic Blüthner grand piano.

500x500-000000-80-0-0.jpg

blüthner-flügel.jpg

Last edited:

computer-audiophile

Major Contributor
I am already looking forward to the live performance next weekend in a manor house (picture) near here, hosted by friends of ours:

One of the most famous intermezzi of the genre "Opera Buffa" and at the same time one of the most famous works of Giovanni Battista Pergolesi (1710-1736), la "Serva padrona" (The Servant as Mistress) celebrated its premiere in Napoli in 1733 and has been very popular all over the world ever since. It tells the story of the servant Serpina who, with the help of the servant Vespone, manages to convince the old bachelor Uberto to marry her and thus make her mistress.

12c338_d0e59e6b180c4b48ad3bf3c3cc5ac10e~mv2.png

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am already looking forward to the live performance next weekend in a manor house (picture) near here, hosted by friends of ours:

One of the most famous intermezzi of the genre "Opera Buffa" and at the same time one of the most famous works of Giovanni Battista Pergolesi (1710-1736), la "Serva padrona" (The Servant as Mistress) celebrated its premiere in Napoli in 1733 and has been very popular all over the world ever since. It tells the story of the servant Serpina who, with the help of the servant Vespone, manages to convince the old bachelor Uberto to marry her and thus make her mistress.

12c338_d0e59e6b180c4b48ad3bf3c3cc5ac10e~mv2.png

And I am going to see Ann Sophie Mutter playing a collection of chamber music. A piano and a Cello.
I'll try to get some pictures .

computer-audiophile

Major Contributor
And I am going to see Ann Sophie Mutter playing a collection of chamber music. A piano and a Cello.
I'll try to get some pictures .
Great - this looks promising! (We have seen A.S. Mutter live on several occasions.)

Sometimes it is difficult with the pictures, in many concerts it is not allowed to take photos.

In any case, I wish you much pleasure!

computer-audiophile

Major Contributor
To illustrate #190

That was once again a great concert, I see it as a privilege to experience such an opera very close and familiar in a intimate circle of friends and acquaintances. Excellent performance by the orchestra, singers and actors!

Afterwards, conversations with bread and wine on the terrace. Here are a few impressions of the ambience of the manor house. Approx. 15 min from our home.

terasse.jpg
interieur.jpg
gruppe.jpg
szene.jpg

One of the most famous intermezzi of the genre "Opera Buffa" and at the same time one of the most famous works of Giovanni Battista Pergolesi (1710-1736), la "Serva padrona" (The servant as mistress) celebrated its premiere in Napoli in 1733 and has since been very popular worldwide. It tells the story of the servant Serpina who, with the help of the servant Vespone, manages to convince the old bachelor Uberto to marry her. Thus she goes from servant to mistress.

In our friends Eleni Ioannidou's production, the 45-minute Intermezzo is merged with Antonio Vivaldi's Concerto Op.20 No 3. (Il Gardellino) for recorder and strings.

CAST

UBERTO Mikołaj Bońkowski
SERPINA Elvire Beekhuizen
VESPONE Bogdan Nowak

THE LAUSITZ BAROQUE ENSEMBLE

Violins: Mateusz Janus, Kacper Szpot.
viola: Dominika Garncarz, bass: Marcin Bajon
harpsichord: Adam Piotr Rorat, theorbo: Klaudyna Żołnierek

Solo recorder: SUSAN JOSEPH

Concertmaster/Conductor/Cello: SZCZEPAN DEMBINSKI
Director: ELENI TRIADA IOANNIDOU

Costumes: ANNA UTKO

Last edited:

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you. At the end, they do pose for pictures.

IMG_20230604_200642.jpeg

What a night!
- A little story about wisdom first:
This afternoon, I fell asleep on my chair, and got up just one hour before the concert! There is always traffic in London. So I rushed through traffic, keeping an eye on the clock, would I make it? Damn.
Finally, I got there 20 mins late! I ran inside, saying I have missed the first half, I have to wait for the second part outside. But I didn't have to!
WhenI put the event on my calendar, I wisely put it half an hour early! I had ten minutes to spare.
- The concert was great, the pianist took my breath away, he was really good! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambert_Orkis
Sophie was strict and stern while playing, but afterwards, she was very huggy, touchy, feely, lovely, like a little girl.
BTW, picture was taken from my seat, using my phone (3X optical zoom).

Last edited:

computer-audiophile

Major Contributor
Thank you for the nice story from real life and the picture. I enjoyed reading it - and in the end you were still lucky and got everything right in the calendar.

It happened to us once that we traveled for 7 hours by car from Karlsruhe to see a great dance performance in Berlin, booked months in advance, expensive tickets, hotel accommodation etc. and when we went there full of anticipation, the audience came down the stairs from the theatre already. We were so very disappointed, that my wife desperately needed a drink in a bar afterwards to calm her nerves. Later the evening turned out to be quite nice after all. But one pain remains forever, because the performance will not be repeated. The event happened to start two hours earlier than usual, we had missed that.

Karmacoma

Forum Donor
Too bad this thread has gone sideways with pple showing off.
Let's get it back on track please.
My first attempt:
Stunning recording. And also, Philippe Jaroussky.

Last edited:

Karmacoma

Forum Donor

Karmacoma

Forum Donor
Last attempt:

gags11

Forum Donor
This may be a long shot…

Anyone can direct me to a quality performance and recording of Saint-Saenz Symphony No 3.
Thanks in advance

Top Bottom