• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Good power strip in Europe, no filters?

Kutusov

Hi, apparently this isn't an easy one. I'm looking for a 4 to 6 plug power strip with an aluminium case and proper star wiring, not those brass rails a lot of them have. No filters or other bells and whistles. Closest thing I came across is the made to order Audiophonics ones that are over €400 and takes 2 to 4 weeks to ship, which is understandable because that's a guy soldering and wiring the thing. I bet it takes quite a while...

Still, I was wondering if there are other places to consider. I'm aware of the Wireworld Matrix 2 but that one looks a bit rubbish to be honest.

JSmith

Master Contributor
OP
K

Kutusov

Thanks but I was looking for something in Europe, just not to deal with the customs guys. Ideally, I wouldn't even want any fuses or surge protection in it also...

Anonamemouse

Something like this?

Jukebox

I have a lot of gear so I use with great success the Isotek Corvus; it's very convenient, 9 independent outlet, fully star-earthed and it's 16A.

EVO3_Corvus_Slide01.jpg

OP
K

Kutusov

Thanks guys!

What I'm after is something internaly like this:

audiophonics-mpc6-v2-power-distributor-6-ports-aluminum-furutech-black.jpg

As you can see, every outlet is directly wired with good electric cable and without having to share power in series with another socket. I would have to check with the seller what's on the other side of that first board sort of thing, because that's where a filter is usually set.

What I'm trying to avoid is how most power distributers are built and here's an example... sockets in series fed by brass bars:

audiophonics-aluminium-power-distributor-6-schuko-plugs-black.jpg

@fenrik I am curious about that Supra power strip, I've been trying to find a picture of their insides. Most my cables are from Supra and I really like that company and their products.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Thanks guys!

What I'm after is something internaly like this:

View attachment 262022
As you can see, every outlet is directly wired with good electric cable and without having to share power in series with another socket. I would have to check with the seller what's on the other side of that first board sort of thing, because that's where a filter is usually set.

What I'm trying to avoid is how most power distributers are built and here's an example... sockets in series fed by brass bars:

View attachment 262025
@fenrik I am curious about that Supra power strip, I've been trying to find a picture of their insides. Most my cables are from Supra and I really like that company and their products.
Why?
What do you hope to achieve?

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Something like this?
Pure snake oil and a rip off.

Pretty ballsy to recommend that BS to other members here.

I quote “…devotion to detail results in a greater sense of power, dynamics, and resolution, with cleaner, blacker backgrounds and a larger, more stable soundstage, vivid tonal colours and deeper extension at both ends of the frequency range….”

Killingbeans

Major Contributor

Why? How much current are you planning on pulling through the poor thing?

I hope the fuses in your house installation do their job long before brass bars in your power strips becomes a problem.

digitalfrost

Major Contributor

Pilot

How would these make any difference? (I am genuinely curious if I am missing something).
Also, I think the neutral wires in a home installation end up sharing a brass bar at the breaker panel. Like this (photo from the net):

qv1ruwup80c41.jpg

AudiOhm

Buss bar or wire, there is no difference if the gauge is the same.

All the receptacles in any device will be in parallel.

If you do not want any filters/bells/whistles then what you are looking for is an extension cord with 4-6 outlets...

Ohms

Lambda

Major Contributor
I you want the "Star point" at the fuse box you can uses what we call "plubox" in the industry.
IMG_0930%20Large.jpeg

AL-H6-PB.JPG

Each Outlet (or 2 outless per line) has its Owen channel and fuse so you can draw 6*230*16= 22kW from this thing.

The box with the fuses is extra...

Or maybe a simple 32 to 16 VT

If you want 6 shuko plugs but you don't want them to be in "parallel" it makes no sens to have shuko plug on the input you need at least Cee 32

Anonamemouse

Pure snake oil and a rip off.

Pretty ballsy to recommend that BS to other members here.

I quote “…devotion to detail results in a greater sense of power, dynamics, and resolution, with cleaner, blacker backgrounds and a larger, more stable soundstage, vivid tonal colours and deeper extension at both ends of the frequency range….”
Thank you for your kind words!
I know it is snake oil. I know it is a waste of money. I also know it is exactly what the original poster asked for.
So instead of being a total Karen (this is me being extremely polite) in my direction, you could have explained to the OP that using a powerstrip like that will not make any difference to the sound whatsoever, and come up with an alternative that suits his needs perfectly.

OP
K

Kutusov

Thanks guys, I already found what I was looking for :)

Top Bottom