• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

power amp or Sabaj for marantz AVR?

oneofakind

Hey there,

i'm new here. I just got new JBL L100 Classic MKII and now my cheap "Marantz NR1508" is clipping at high volumes. So i thought about getting a power amp for the fronts.

Budget: ~600€/$

I've read here alot of good things about AUDIOPHONICS MPA-S250NC but i'm not sure if this is what i'd need. Also the Sabaj A30a is mentioned alot but this one would change my RCA analog input into digital? I'd like the Sabaj more cause of the looks, the remote and i could buy it in my home land (and return it easily).

Also i considered the Yamaha A-S701 but i don't like the size.

Thanks and merry christmas everyone

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
Hey there,

i'm new here. I just got new JBL L100 Classic MKII and now my cheap "Marantz NR1508" is clipping at high volumes. So i thought about getting a power amp for the fronts.

I've read here alot of good things about AUDIOPHONICS MPA-S250NC but i'm not sure if this is what i'd need. Also the Sabaj A30a is mentioned alot but this one would change my RCA analog input into digital? I'd like the Sabaj more cause of the looks, the remote and i could buy it in my home land (and return it easily).

If you like your Marantz NR1508 but want more power, I vote for acquiring the Audiophonics MPA-S250NC to power the fronts.

ppataki

Major Contributor
Hey there,

Don't use the Sabaj with analog input since it is an FDA (full digital amp)
Its full potential can be unleashed when using one of the digital inputs
I have three of those amps, love them!!!

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I've read here alot of good things about AUDIOPHONICS MPA-S250NC but i'm not sure if this is what i'd need.
I'm liking this Audiophonics amp for your needs.
I took a moment to look at the L100 mk II specs and was a bit surprised to find it rated at 4 ohms so you do
want an amp that will be comfortable driving this relatively low impedance at high levels.
Cheers

Last edited:
OP
oneofakind

oneofakind

If you like your Marantz NR1508 but want more power, I vote for acquiring the Audiophonics MPA-S250NC to power the fronts.
i just use it for a simple 5.1 setup. My focus is on the JBL's and stereo music

ok thanks guys. I'll go with the MPA-S250NC

Top Bottom