• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

George Segal RIP

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Segal

Missed this. Actually know very little about him, but many years ago I was on the maintenance crew at a summer theater and dance camp in Steamboat Springs, CO for a local (to me then) college in Columbia, MO. I also helped with the horse crew, and played around a bit at camp and in town. One year I agreed to participate in the big musical they gave at the end of the season (usually I was just responsible for running sound and lights). I was a bit actor but most importantly played with the piano and bass players in our tiny little "pit". It was a blast, but I didn't realize that Polly (his daughter) was at camp and he came for a few days to check it out and see the show. I had virtually no contact with Polly, but he took the pit crew and a few cast members out to dinner after one show and was a really great guy. He told me my playing was "tasty". I was not sure exactly if that was good or bad, but he assured me it was "perfect".

Did not keep track after that but still remember his infectious humour.

RIP George.

Last edited:
Top Bottom