• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

General computer forums

Marty111

Hi everyone!
There is no section to post such off topic question so I'll post it here : What are the best forums to ask about computer parts and software today in January 2022 ? General computer forums.

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The most serious, in-depth and meme-free PC hardware and software forum I've ever encountered is the Tweakers.net forum, but that's 100% in Dutch. They do reply in English, though.

You can try the Anandtech or Overclock.net forums as well. The Linus Tech Tips forum is pretty helpful too. Or even PC Master Race (PCMR) on Reddit, but that one's 90% memes inbetween actual questions. :)

OP
M

Marty111

Thanks Victor!
I already knew the Overclock.net forums, but not the Tweakers.net and the Anandtech forums.
I know about the Linus Tech Tips forum, but I don't like the guy, he's all about money and paid tonns of gold by computer companies.

Last edited:

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thanks Victor!
I already knew the Overclock.net forums, but not the Tweakers.net and the Anandtech forums.
I know about the Linus Tech Tips forum, but I don't like the guy, he's all about money and paid tonns of gold by computer companies.
Linus has a lot of families to feed. It's a business. I respect what he does. If it's not for you, then luckily there are a lot of other places you can go for your information. :)

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Biggest community is still XDA (don't know how is MoDaCo this day's)... Really depends what you want to ask and who.
From regular sites you have Guru 3D and Tom's Hardware, unfortunately Anandtech degraded to the point that it's not even remotely interesting any more (especially now when Andrei left). If you want the code then direct repository, peak at the clones and if someone did something significant to upgrade the base code, follow the Linux kernel development if you want to get in depth knowledge about how to code properly. Other odd geak places if you wish.

Top Bottom