• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help choosing headphones for spatial sound in FPS

zepolec

Hello everyone,
After spending some time reading threads in this forum I have a doubt if what I am looking for is possible, so I decided to open a thread and ask it openly.

Basically, I'm looking to renew my headphones for the single purpose of playing FPS (just CoD) and I'm especially interested in getting the best positional sound possible.

I'm open to any type of headphones under my $200 budget, and this is where there seems to be general agreement on the HD560S.

However, I'm concerned about the criticisms I've read at some places about its problems with positional sound, and I'm worried about having to add another $100 amp to make them sound competent since it's over budget.

Is there anything for me under this criteria?

Thanks in advance, I'm learning a lot from you guys!

Regards.

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
I've read at some places about its problems with positional sound,
Headphones can make a difference but it mostly depends on your brain. Headphone Soundstage Survey.

With surround speakers, the sound can really come from behind, or even from above with Atmos.

OP
Z

zepolec

Top Bottom