• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec Price Increase

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
8350’s pair with GLM in Canada jumped from 5800 to 6400.

Depends where you shop :)

Quote removed by Moderator.
They may not have updated yet but those are good prices. Who is the dealer?

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I’ll be looking somewhere else.. and pls enough bs about supply chain and the pandemic.. enough is enough

Right now it’s all currency market. Seems everyone wants to peg prices to the US dollar. Because pegging to the euro won’t be causing this.

Energy prices are through the roof (although the sun is still free). Eggs are $12 for a dozen here up from $6 a few months ago.

Right now it’s all currency market. Seems everyone wants to peg prices to the US dollar. Because pegging to the euro won’t be causing this.
You may be bang on.

Sweetwater prices seem to have gone up too?

Sweetwater prices seem to have gone up too?
You scared me for a second. I haven’t seen any US prices go up.

Let’s face it how many Yuans does a euro buy anymore? How many does a US dollar buy?

Potential benefit to crypto?
I’m an armchair economist at best. I know nothing actually about this stuff. Especially crypto.

However think about how a currency with a fixed supply or eventual fixed supply will handle things like increased population or productivity growth.

Also which military backs bitcoin?

When times turn tough which currency does everyone and their mother want in on?

Heck which currency does Genelec want in on?

You scared me for a second. I haven’t seen any US prices go up.

Let’s face it how many Yuans does a euro buy anymore? How many does a US dollar buy?
8351b is $4195 now so up $200 or so.

8351b is $4195 now so up $200 or so.
Oh darn. To be honest I’ve been looking only at the 8361 so I didn’t notice. For domestic situations I feel like 8361 is it anyway and this increase in the 8351 and even smaller difference to 8361 should just push people to that model.

Reactions: mkt
So much for my goal of getting speakers that I can pick up.

Back
Top Bottom