• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FS: Ian Canada McFIFO/McDual XO, Amanero, WM8804 I2S to SPDIF, AK4118 SPDIF to I2S, ES9023 I2S DACs, DIYINHK ES9016 DAC, OPA1612

mdsimon2

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Trying to declutter and am clearing out a bunch of DIY related things.

1) Ian Canada McFIFO / McDual XO - $200 shipped
Originally purchased for use as a clock buffer for a miniSHARC based 8 channel DSP AES output project. It accepts multichannel I2S and will buffer / reclock input data using oscillators on the McDual XO. In addition it provides 4 MCLK, BCLK and LRCLK outputs which makes interfacing with stereo I2S input boards very easy. Comes with the stock oscillators and will include 24.576 MHz and 49.152 MHz NDK SDAs on DIP14 adapters. If you are interested in interfacing with the I2S to SPDIF/AES boards I have in this listing and I can thrown in some U.FL to pin adapters that work great.

IMG_8650.jpeg
IMG_8649.jpeg

2) WM8804 I2S to BNC SPDIF Output Boards - $20 shipped (first one is $20, if you would like more each additional board is $15)
I have five of these available. These convert I2S to SPDIF input and take 5 V power. Made in a form factor that is plug and play with Amanero they also work great for other general projects. They are reasonably sized and work well. If you want to adapter the pin header to U.FL connections these Ian Canada adapters for the Buffalo III DAC work perfectly.

IMG_8647.jpeg
IMG_8648.jpeg

3) WM8804 I2S to AES Output Boards - $20 shipped (first one is $20, if you would like more each additional board is $15)
I have five of these available. These convert I2S to SPDIF input and take 5 V power. Made in a form factor that is plug and play with Amanero they also work great for other general projects. They are reasonably sized and work well. If you want to adapter the pin header to U.FL connections these Ian Canada adapters for the Buffalo III DAC work perfectly.

IMG_8645.jpeg
IMG_8646.jpeg

4) Amanero Combo384 USB to I2S Board - $50 shipped - SOLD
USB to I2S output, this can be combined with one of the boards above to give AES or SPDIF output. This particular model also has built-in SPDIF I/O but it is on pins. Comes with pin header unsoldered.

IMG_8651.jpeg

5) AK4118 SPDIF to I2S Board - $25 shipped
This board takes TOSLINK or SPDIF and outputs I2S. It has been discontinued for sometime due to the AKM fire but is a great way to add SPDIF input to I2S devices. It runs on 5 V power.

IMG_8654.jpeg

6) ESS ES9023 I2S Input DAC - $15 shipped (first one is $15, if you would like more each additional board is $10)
I have four of these. Simple I2S input DACs based on the ES9023 chip. They have a 50 MHz oscillator on board so do not require MCLK which makes interfacing them a bit easier. They run on 5 V power and are a great tool for I2S testing.

IMG_8653.jpeg

7) DIYINHK ESS ES9016 DAC - $30 shipped - SOLD
Bare DAC board with no power supplies based on the ES9016 chip. This needs +/- 12 V and two 3.3 V power supplies. Pretty much a stock board with the stock NE5532 op amps, however I did install some slightly nicer DIP 8 sockets. It does not have an on-board oscillator (although one can be soldered in) and is mostly meant to be used with a multichannel DIYINHK XMOS board which is pin compatible. I wrote up some thoughts and have some measurements in this thread -> https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/diyinhk-dac-measurements.23629/.

IMG_8666.jpeg
IMG_8667.jpeg

8) OPA1612 op amps on DIP 8 adapters - $8 shipped (or buy all of them for $80)
I have fourteen of these. Not much to say other than these are low noise and distortion and easy to use in DIP 8 sockets.

IMG_8661.jpeg

Michael

Last edited:
Top Bottom