• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi v3 Mono | TPA3255 PFFB | Balanced | [First Look from Fosi FB]

T&T

Now... we have to wait 4 months to be send to Amir for test, contrary to Aiyima which send the A70 before going on sale.

Maxon

Аналоговые регуляторы никогда не будут лучшими
Мне кажется, вы ошибаетесь, есть просто не точные, а очень точные. И даже четырехканальные. Но я против очень дорогих за +100 долларов. А вот например за 80 долларов отличный тайваньский 4-канальный 10к

dpuopolo

It really needs to be sub $200. If it is $200, I would spend the extra $90 or so and get the Audiophonics in a nice case with internal PSU. Not a fan of external PSUs, and even less of two external PSUs. ;)

The 3E amp is excellent. I'm running a stereo circuit board version on 48 volts and it sounds just amazing on the cheap Elac 4" speakers from Amazon, using this as a control preamp (A MAJOR sleeper - I wish Amir would test it):

sejarzo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
No, they revealed it to the world with a bunch of links that don't tell you a thing.

Yeah, I got that email this morning, and kept thinking I was clicking on the wrong part of it as I was not seeing anything useful.

April Fools?

Bruce Morgen

Forum Donor
It really needs to be sub $200. If it is $200, I would spend the extra $90 or so and get the Audiophonics in a nice case with internal PSU. Not a fan of external PSUs, and even less of two external PSUs. ;)

You don't need "two external PSUs" -- just one that can source sufficient current. I power both my A07s with a single 48V 10A SMPS (with its fan disabled), neatly tucked away out of sight. Of course there's a bit of DIY involved and Amir has understandably pointed out safety concerns about using something designed as a internal component rather than as a duly certified consumer item, but if you have a modicum of electrical savvy IMO there's really no issue on that score.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
It's probably also fair to say that the expected number of sales for a monoblock are likely to be significantly lower than for a stereo amp (especially if the monoblock isn't really significantly better for typical speakers) and therefore the costs per unit are going to be higher.
Shouldn't they sell at least twice as many?

ahem.

Yes, of course... I'll see myself out. No worries!

:cool:

sejarzo

Forum Donor
Shouldn't they sell at least twice as many?

ahem.

Yes, of course... I'll see myself out. No worries!

The contest entry info for a free V3 Mono reads to me as if it's for just one. Am I missing something? :confused:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
The contest entry info for a free V3 Mono reads to me as if it's for just one. Am I missing something? :confused:
I mean -- subwoofer. Maybe.

I realized after my previous glib post -- heck, all they've gotta do is pitch the advertisements for this amp to the Atmos crowd and they can increase unit sales by -- what? -- seventeen-fold?!?

1712004395678.jpeg

Grael

What's more, the RA3 does not even have CE certification and for good reason it is banned from export in several European countries. So of course it's an excellent amp but at the sacrifice of safety standards
Not true.
CE marking is under the RA3.
Got mine shipped to Belgium and a few weeks later, shipping to France was activated on the aliexpress Topping store.
But anyway, all available units are now sold and they won't come back
IMG_20240402_005932_554~2.jpg

Reactions: MCH

Skelethor

Finally,
It's about time!
Well done Fosi.
I'm not going to buy it yet, not until they remove the external power supply!
We prefer an internal supply for IEC cables.

Last edited:

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
I think this is a good additional forward step from Fosi. For me, since I don't really need more power in my smaller room setups, I'll probably sit this out and wait for a good small stereo amp with PFFB, RCA only, which will probably come with the next generation. Preferably, with an internal power supply.

What is now needed most urgently is a solid state multi-input preamp that is in the same form factor with the amp. I'm afraid that inexperienced users may set up monoblock systems without any analog volume control in the chain, which leaves them pretty open to frying their speakers if their DAC or other line source comes through accidentally at 100%.

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
I’m a big believer that digital pre amps are the way to go.

The more that’s done in the digital realm, the better. Sub out, bass management, doesn’t work with an analogue pre amp and off board DAC.

We need something like the WiiM Amp without the amp stage, maybe more inputs, maybe ability to go direct from analogue source (phones) and bypass digital if required.

Scenic

Hello, very interesting amplifier. I have two question about it:
1-Anyone know where is possible to preorder them in Europe?
2-What about input impedance and input sensitivity for rated power (both inputs: RCA and XLR)?
Regards

Mordor

jkorten

Not a fan of external power supplies. I'd solder in a connection if I ever bought one. The other problem is they're using NE5532 op amps which were the best on the market in 1980. But it is 45 years later. Those are rather bright sounding by today's standards. What's up with that?

External high current power supplies never sound very transparent in my own experience.

Top Bottom