• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

foobar2000 modular freeware audioplayer for Windows developed by Peter Pawłowski

Habu

Forum Donor
Hello from France,

I am just opening this post as I didn't found a dedicated foobar2000 post..

Sincerely yours

Habu

OP
Habu

Habu

Forum Donor
Thread Starter #2
Last edited:

graz_lag

Major Contributor
Hi Habu :
As I would be interested in trying foobar2K on one of my Linux machines, do you use it on W or on Linux ?
Very nice the kjc66's skin theme, BTW.
Thanks,
Graz

Last edited:
OP
Habu

Habu

Forum Donor
Thread Starter #4
Hi graz_lag,
Just using it on Windows... Linux is not yet at home....
Salutations
Habu

Interesting colours you're using in Foobar, I'm using similar:

Foobar_2000_edited.jpg

The colour scheme reminds me of the days of mainframes when I used to use an amber monochrome CRT terminal. I still find amber on black a very easy on the eye colour scheme. The layout I'm using is the same layout I have always used. Browse albums by folder structure on the left, drag and drop into a playlist on the right. The only problem is that if I'm not careful I find I can end up with dozens of different playlists . . .

I used to use Winamp until I found Foobar2000 about 15 years ago and was amazed! Been using it ever since. It does everything I could possibly want from a software music player (once plugins are installed. I even have a Foobar VST wrapper so can use VST plugins when needed).

I really don't understand why people spend money buying a software audio player when Foobar2000 is free and so customisable. Each to their own though and if they want to buy an audio player rather than use a free one that's their choice . .

AK.

Last edited:
Since I mentioned the VU meter in my post above, I figured I'd show how it appears in my layout. I'm rather partial to it as it is the same one my Nakamichi Dragon tape deck uses. :):D

Shadrach

I use foobar 2000 on one of my machines.
It's a nice player and works well with AISO4ALL.

OP
Habu

Habu

Forum Donor
Thread Starter #10
Since I mentioned the VU meter in my post above, I figured I'd show how it appears in my layout. I'm rather partial to it as it is the same one my Nakamichi Dragon tape deck uses. :):D
Nakamichi-dragon-cassette-deck.jpg

OP
Habu

Habu

Forum Donor
Thread Starter #11
I prefer big blue eyes.... But I can't afford the real ones...

McIntosh-MC302_P_1200.png

OP
Habu

Habu

Forum Donor
Thread Starter #15
Last edited:
I had been big foobar2000 fan for years before I switched to another amazing player, MusciBee. I find it easier to navigate, especially with huge library and much nicier looking. Like foobar, it also supports lots of plugins including such as VST wrapper. However attention must be paid to have well tagged library, otherwise there will be a mess.
Zrzut ekranu (18).png

Top Bottom