• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Focal CMS 65 measurement?

JVCaxv-4

I bought a used one, in great condition pair of Focal CMS 65, and I am very excited...the speakers is much better from the other speakers i have in my room right now, (dynaudio lyd7, neumann kh120, genelec 8030c,) it is much more complete than the others, the low hertz they comfortably reach up to 38hz, it also has very high quality construction, alluminum cabinet, in general very good speaker and I see that you do not mention it here...I have the impression that the old speakers were better in all specifications than the current one gen! hopefully we will see some measurement in the future.

(I found the following measurements but I don't know how reliable they are)

dfuller

Major Contributor
I bought a used one, in great condition pair of Focal CMS 65, and I am very excited...the speakers is much better from the other speakers i have in my room right now, (dynaudio lyd7, neumann kh120, genelec 8030c,) it is much more complete than the others, the low hertz they comfortably reach up to 38hz, it also has very high quality construction, alluminum cabinet, in general very good speaker and I see that you do not mention it here...I have the impression that the old speakers were better in all specifications than the current one gen! hopefully we will see some measurement in the future.

(I found the following measurements but I don't know how reliable they are)
Here's a review from the seemingly now-defunct Resolution magazine. Roughly follows the behavior indicated in Ken's review.

RobL

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The entire Keith Holland review is viewable HERE.

YSC

Major Contributor
Interestingly I just noticed they used to have a waveguide, which is now absent in their current lineup

Top Bottom