• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Upgrading from Soundsticks

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
Oh that's great! How's the bass on them?

I'm not after earth-moving bass like a club, I'm sitting on my ass working from home. But the kind of music I listen to, some tight bass would be nice.

Whatever I get will probably be an improvement to the old Soundsticks.
The bass is well-defined. My memory is that it crossed well at 60 Hz with a subwoofer but left the perception of lower bass output when crossed at 50 Hz with the subwoofer. I heard the Polk ES20 for a short time and think it may go lower than the ELAC. Consider auditioning the Polk ES20.

OP
V

vurt

The bass is well-defined. My memory is that it crossed well at 60 Hz with a subwoofer but left the perception of lower bass output when crossed at 50 Hz with the subwoofer. I heard the Polk ES20 for a short time and think it may go lower than the ELAC. Consider auditioning the Polk ES20.

I found a pair of used Polk ES20 on Amazon for $311. Maybe I'll order and give them a try. At least I can return them...

Top Bottom