• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Flex 8 Vs Hypex Fusion

J_S

I'm looking for a 4 way stereo active solution, but can't decide between the Flex 8 with 4 stereo amplifiers or 4 Hypex Fusion plate amplifiers - possibly 2 X FA502 and 2 X FA252. I'd probably pair the MiniDSP with ICEpower or Hypex amplifiers. I already have a SMSL SU9 as a streamer/preamp.

SomeDude

I have been using a miniDSP Flex 8 for my four way stereo speaker setup. I very satisfied. It bests my previous Linux with CamillaDSP Setup in terms of convenience and usability. My use case is both music and movies/TV series.
Easy switching of presets, because it has Bluetooth,I don't have to boot up my HTPC for music listening via Spotify. No need to fiddle with Realtime Kernels, pulseaudio etc.
I can use the Dolby decoder of my TV when I connect it through Toslink. Software is ok but if your using Linux you have to use a Virtual Machine with a Microsoft Windows guest to run miniDSP Device console which is needed for setup.
I highly recommend it.

OP
J

J_S

Did you find any noise problems with the flex 8? My midrange is 94/dB sensitive, bass is 97/dB sensitive, so any hum/hiss is going to be a problem.

SomeDude

My speakers have a sensitivity of 90 dB so I cannot really comment on that. But if your using Hypex amplifiers it should not be a problem. Excluding any hiss/hum introduced due to non balanced connections from miniDSP to amplifier.

Top Bottom