• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

First week with Magico A3

rman9

Thought I'd share my first week experience on the A3 Magico's. Speakers out of the box, nice black sheen to the finish.. Heavy as hell.. After struggling with a piece of gym matt underneath each speaker to move them around in the room, I suddenly had this brilliance, what if I go get furniture slider disks from home depot. And that's exactly what I did. Eight disks and moving the speakers were a cinch.. The white gloves that came with the speakers is truly a joke. It's for a eight year old.. and you can see greasy spots of bear hands under strong light.. So I used the gloves that came with the Lumin.. Also the red cloth that came with the speakers wipes them real clean.
After finding the best spot, I got them off the sliders and put the disks that I purchased off the internet separate underneath each spikes. The ones that came with the speakers are not substantial enough. These are the first set of speakers that I do not have any desire to add frequency equalization. They sound perfect, the low of 26Hz rated for the speaker could use a little help, so I included a sub with the pass filter on it turned down to 30Hz or so and the sound blends real well. Overall, I am spending a lot of late night time listening to them and enjoying every nuance of what I am hearing.. These speakers are the best for classical, country and soft rock, grunge, vintage. Deep house and underground trance not so much. Then again, I am not enjoying the metronome beat of the trance and deep house anymore.. It gets tiresome as I age..

DearSX

Congrats, sounds like great speakers! I do listen to a lot of R&B, Reggae etc, so maybe not enough bass for me. This review helped some.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Nice speakers

Top Bottom