• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Finally, music we can buy in 768 khz sampling rates.

Sound Liaison

Hi theRealdotnet:) Frans and Isaac Newton never thought about resemblance, but I do have to admit that I on some session doubted Frans' sanity when he was placing microphones differently or using way fewer microphones than what I have seen other engineers do, but hearing the result he has so far always been right.

Madlop26

768 Khz sample rate, I guess great news for the dolphins and bats lol
by the way i found this "the greater wax moth has hearing capable of sensing high-frequency sound up to 300 kHz. This exceeds even bats (who can hear up to 250 kHz) and dolphins (who can hear up to around 160 kHz)"

One more thing: the reason this moth needs that high frequency hearing; to avoid being eaten by bats, haha, nature is amazing

Last edited:

Kijanki

Yes, proper 768 khz music. From Sound Liason which does make very high quality recordings. I'm not aware of commercial offerings at this rate before though maybe I just missed a few. Alas it is only 24 bit instead of proper 32 bit recording.
Perhaps I can interest you in brand new design, I'm working on? It is next generation computer keyboard, allowing to type up to 1 million words per minute.

OP
Blumlein 88

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Perhaps I can interest you in brand new design, I'm working on? It is next generation computer keyboard, allowing to type up to 1 million words per minute.
I'm all in if you can upgrade my mind to rationally output 1 million words per minute.

mhardy6647

Master Contributor
One more thing: the reason this moth needs that high frequency hearing; to avoid being eaten by bats, haha, nature is amazing
... and things like this are what led me to become a life scientist. :cool:

jdpurvis

Little known fact - the bias residual is how the examiners determined that the Watergate 18 second gap tape was repeatedly erased. Of course politicians aren't nearly so sophisticated so they get caught. If I were in charge of this conspiracy, the authorities would have been confounded to this day. Goes to show you they didn't hire the right person to do their dirty deeds. :cool:
Minor correction: The gap was 18.5 minutes.

Top Bottom