• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Exciting news from Onkyo and Pioneer: TX-RZ70/ VSX-LX705, TX-RZ9/VSX-LX905 = Auro 3D + DLBC!

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Still waiting for information on the Elite SC receivers…

Martin

tjcinnamon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Could we finally get an AVR with Dirac that's not buggy?!?! The Andrew Robinson review made it look pretty slick to calibrate as well. I hope that 13.2 channel is a processor.

Miker 1102

Forum Donor
Could we finally get an AVR with Dirac that's not buggy?!?! The Andrew Robinson review made it look pretty slick to calibrate as well. I hope that 13.2 channel is a processor.
I bought the Pioneer 305 wirh Dirac. I am not articulate enough to to do a review but the Pioneer is stable. The Dirac works really well and I thought was much better sounding than the Audessy 32.

dlaloum

Major Contributor
Fingers crossed we get a 'hybrid digital' approach that uses high quality class-D for the LCR and dumps the surrounds onto A/B.
I doubt it - if they were going to go Class-D, I think it would be all or nothing.

And there is no reason for Onkyo/Integra to go Class-D, it goes against their history.... whereas Pioneer made it a point of difference a long time ago.

So it may makes sense for the Pioneer Flagships, but not the Onkyo/Integra ones - a point of differentiation between the ranges

tjcinnamon

I bought the Pioneer 305 wirh Dirac. I am not articulate enough to to do a review but the Pioneer is stable. The Dirac works really well and I thought was much better sounding than the Audessy 32.
My brother is getting the 505 in a few days and I’m excited to check it out.

Do you have an Xbox Series X and if so does it get 120Hz Dolby Vision 4K and VRR.

That was the firmware that needed to be released for the most recent LG OLEDs.

Tanquen

Any word of an AVR with 10 built-in amps and Dirac? If there was such a thing, would Dirac help configure the atmos speakers as well as two or more subs?

tjcinnamon

My brother is getting the 505 in a few days and I’m excited to check it out.

Do you have an Xbox Series X and if so does it get 120Hz Dolby Vision 4K and VRR.

That was the firmware that needed to be released for the most recent LG OLEDs.
We got it set up. It’s a really elegant unit. The HDMI 2.1 just worked and the Dirac mobile app was perfect for a non audiophile. We ran it on my computer as well. The more precision curve sounded better and I was able to adjust the curtains, so I think that helped.

Either way, when the next series (ideally 13 channels and pre/pro) comes up, I’m going to be making the purchase.

lewdish

are there differences between the pioneer elite & onkyo variants esp since Integra is supposed to be the upmarket Onkyo?

NirreFirre

Forum Donor
are there differences between the pioneer elite & onkyo variants esp since Integra is supposed to be the upmarket Onkyo?
John is doing pretty good job of keeping an "current AVR database" up to date regarding specs, functionality and a few additional areas and presenting it all to us:

He as separate videos for detailed comparisons but the latest adds some corrections as well.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I received an email from a website that had the Integra version of the RZ50 in stock. Apparently they are primarily for professional installs but appear to be fine for most of us. Why wouldn't those of us considering the RZ50 not buy the Integra version?

SMc

I received an email from a website that had the Integra version of the RZ50 in stock. Apparently they are primarily for professional installs but appear to be fine for most of us. Why wouldn't those of us considering the RZ50 not buy the Integra version?
Price is usually higher for Integra. Sometimes the equivalent model is slightly decontented. That said, I enjoyed my Integra receiver until the HDMI died and the lack of alternative connections rendered it nigh unusable.

Lawyrup843

I own the integra variant and I love it. I only got it because the onkyo is unicorn status so I didn’t mind paying more to have it sooner. It’s a great product by the way and sounds amazing.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Price is usually higher for Integra. Sometimes the equivalent model is slightly decontented. That said, I enjoyed my Integra receiver until the HDMI died and the lack of alternative connections rendered it nigh unusable.
I misspoke-when I reread the ad it's on backorder for $1300 from Audio Advice. Appears identical except for some of the connectivity options.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I own the integra variant and I love it. I only got it because the onkyo is unicorn status so I didn’t mind paying more to have it sooner. It’s a great product by the way and sounds amazing.
May I ask from where you ordered?

lewdish

I've always wondered if Integra used diff DACs than the Onkyo varients like how M is to D sometimes.

dlaloum

Major Contributor
I've always wondered if Integra used diff DACs than the Onkyo varients like how M is to D sometimes.

At one point they claimed to use better quality caps, and internal components - but reading the service manuals from that same period - the board identifications are identical - ie: they were the same spare parts! - So I really doubt there is any difference.

Need to wait until the service manuals are published.... and under new ownership, it is yet to be seen whether these will be published!

There may be greater differences in the more upmarket models.... ie: we may see differences between the three sister brands in the 7 / 9 series models (at more than twice the price of the mainmarket models, they can afford to do more customisation!) - So we can look forward to finding perhaps digital amps in the Pioneers... and other interesting differences between models... (toroidal transformers were typical on past TOTL models...)

tjcinnamon

I’m excited to hear about the new Dirac features and I’m wondering if it will be compatible with this version or a version up from these AVRs.

Anyone hear about any announcement dates for the new Dirac feature now that they aren’t at CES?

dlaloum

Major Contributor
No, but Dirac still have sessions advertised at CES... although they are limited, and by invitation only in the latest postings- so my bet is they will still be announcing something at CES.

Just hope your new ONKYO never breaks down!
Spare partS not available in Australia or New Zealand!!
Any clues where to find a SMPS pcb for a ONKYO NX TR555 ?

Attachments

• ONKYO TX NR555 BAPS -1984.jpg
    ONKYO TX NR555 BAPS -1984.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 126
Top Bottom