• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Exciting news from Onkyo and Pioneer: TX-RZ70/ VSX-LX705, TX-RZ9/VSX-LX905 = Auro 3D + DLBC!

Lawyrup843

Yeah I’m on a wait list for the RZ50. The RZ70 sounds like an ideal unit for me though.
I agree! I would love to buy that rz70. But I just wouldn’t wait for it to come available if I was looking for a new avr right now. God didn’t bless me with that level of patience.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ordered a RZ50 tonight off Amazon. There was one remaining when I placed my order. Delivery supposedly Jan 24.

Masza

Ordered a RZ50 tonight off Amazon. There was one remaining when I placed my order. Delivery supposedly Jan 24.

I hope these would be available in Europe also. None of the new models are. There are the chip shortage and covid issues but still.

Flak

Industry Insider
Given the rarity in field (...and because I have Bigfoot arriving this weekend) any chance of the Super Speaker versions of Dirac being made available for the entire RZ line?
Not sure about the Super Speaker versions you're referring to but that likely is a question for Onkyo to answer... sorry :(

Keened

Forum Donor
Not sure about the Super Speaker versions you're referring to but that likely is a question for Onkyo to answer... sorry :(
Whoops, I was glancing through the Dirac webpage and thought the "super speaker" capability was the new Dirac, it's 'just' what Dirac currently does.

dlaloum

Major Contributor
I’m waiting for that RZ90 prepro!
Just don't hold your breath.... cos given the current supply issues, it could be a long time coming!! (2023?) - I'm waiting on an Integra DRX 3.4... been waiting since August! - and if the DIRAC updates are of sufficient interest once the flagships come out and are actually in stock - I will trade it in on an R70 or R90 (or the integra equivalent... depending on what is available at what price)

tjcinnamon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just don't hold your breath.... cos given the current supply issues, it could be a long time coming!! (2023?) - I'm waiting on an Integra DRX 3.4... been waiting since August! - and if the DIRAC updates are of sufficient interest once the flagships come out and are actually in stock - I will trade it in on an R70 or R90 (or the integra equivalent... depending on what is available at what price)
Agreed. I’m impatient but not in a rush.

How will you trade it in? Or do you mean sell on a forum and repurchase?

dlaloum

Major Contributor
Yes, sell the older one, which partly offsets the new purchase... if it is still the current model, and under warranty, resale should be quite easy, at a reasonable % of purchase price.

OP
EB1000

EB1000

Here's another mentioning of the newer Onkyo/Pioneer/Integra models. This was published yesterday by Xperi - the developer of DTS's play Fi, regarding upcoming 2022 AVR products that will feature the newer version of Play Fi:

Xperi : DTS Play-Fi and IMAX Enhanced Ecosystems Gaining Rapid Momentum
with New Partners, Products and Content

More DTS Play-Fi Audio Products Coming to Market

DTS Play-Fi enables consumers to wirelessly stream audio from all their
mobile and fixed devices, including TV equipment, to all audio systems
and speakers that support the standard. New and recently announced
products that support Play-Fi include:

Audiolab Omnia Streaming Amplifier
Hisense AX2106GW 2.1 Soundbar
Hisense U5120GW 5.1.2 Soundbar
Integra DRX-2.4, DRX-3.4, DRX-5.4, DRX-7.4, DRX-R1.4 AV Receivers
Integra DRC-R1.4 AV Processor
Loewe klang bar5 mr 5.1.2 Soundbar
Loewe klang mr1, mr3, and mr5 Speakers
Onkyo TX-NR5100, TX-NR6050, TX-NR6100, TX-NR7100, TX-RZ50,
TX-RZ70, and TX-RZ90 AV Receivers
Onkyo PR-RZ90 AV Processor
Philips TAB8405 2.1 Soundbar
Philips TAB8905 3.1.2 Soundbar
Philips Fidelio B95 5.1.2 Soundbar
Philips Fidelio B97 7.1.2 Soundbar
Philips TAW6205 Wireless Home Speaker
Philips TAW8506 Subwoofer
Pioneer VSX-LX105, VSX-LX305, VSX-LX505, VSX-LX705, VSX
LX905, VSX-935 AV Receivers
SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers
SVS Prime Wireless Pro Streaming Amplifier

Source:

dlaloum

Major Contributor
In terms of market positioning, it is interesting to note that Integra and Onkyo will be getting a high end Prepro, but Pioneer won't.

There are also numerous fans of the Pioneer SC range of class-D amplified AVR's, that are hoping that the LX705/905 will be Class-D - but there is no information out on any of these yet. (althugh looking back at the list, they are noted as VSX-LXxx5 - which implies Class AB - typically the class-d versions would have been SC-LXxx5)

Flak

Industry Insider
In terms of market positioning, it is interesting to note that Integra and Onkyo will be getting a high end Prepro, but Pioneer won't.

There are also numerous fans of the Pioneer SC range of class-D amplified AVR's, that are hoping that the LX705/905 will be Class-D - but there is no information out on any of these yet. (althugh looking back at the list, they are noted as VSX-LXxx5 - which implies Class AB - typically the class-d versions would have been SC-LXxx5)
If the TX-RZ9 appx. equals VSX-LX905 one may wonder what the VSX-935 will be :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom