• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Exciting news from Onkyo and Pioneer: TX-RZ70/ VSX-LX705, TX-RZ9/VSX-LX905 = Auro 3D + DLBC!

dlaloum

Major Contributor
Just hope your new ONKYO never breaks down!
Spare partS not available in Australia or New Zealand!!
Any clues where to find a SMPS pcb for a ONKYO NX TR555 ?
I tried to contact Onkyo - and was told there are no current service agents in Australia...

In the transition to new owners and distributors, they dumped/lost the existing service agent channel - and (according to them) are setting up a new service channel.

Once they have that in place - parts for the current range should become available.... in theory.

I was contacting them for parts for my Onkyo TX-SR876 (HDMI Board) and Integra DTR 70.4 (DSP Board) - but even once the service channel is in place, it is anyones guess whether parts will be available for older, out of warranty gear.... so both of my older AVR's may end up as boat anchors due to lack of parts. :(

For now, it is a matter of patience, and giving them time to sort things out locally...

A political mess was generated when a couple of the old distributors guys tried to take the Onkyo distribution and set up shop on their own, back stabbing the existing distributors.... lots of nastyness apparently.

Internationally Voxx has been setting up relationships through its own distribution channels - which is how Klipsch is distributed... but they also have a relationshop with SmartAV who do the custom AV installations for Voxx and the brands in the US, and recently set up shop in Australia (also buying out Control4 locally) - and they may be the distributor for Integra.

It seems to be a mess in Aus and NZ. And it will be a few more months before we see where things stand!

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I tried to contact Onkyo - and was told there are no current service agents in Australia...

In the transition to new owners and distributors, they dumped/lost the existing service agent channel - and (according to them) are setting up a new service channel.

Once they have that in place - parts for the current range should become available.... in theory.

I was contacting them for parts for my Onkyo TX-SR876 (HDMI Board) and Integra DTR 70.4 (DSP Board) - but even once the service channel is in place, it is anyones guess whether parts will be available for older, out of warranty gear.... so both of my older AVR's may end up as boat anchors due to lack of parts. :(

For now, it is a matter of patience, and giving them time to sort things out locally...

A political mess was generated when a couple of the old distributors guys tried to take the Onkyo distribution and set up shop on their own, back stabbing the existing distributors.... lots of nastyness apparently.

Internationally Voxx has been setting up relationships through its own distribution channels - which is how Klipsch is distributed... but they also have a relationshop with SmartAV who do the custom AV installations for Voxx and the brands in the US, and recently set up shop in Australia (also buying out Control4 locally) - and they may be the distributor for Integra.

It seems to be a mess in Aus and NZ. And it will be a few more months before we see where things stand!
I have an old Onkyo AVR, the highest end of its time and it barely works-it's in a closet. I don't know if any of the boards/parts would fit your needs and don't know where you're located but if interested start a PM and maybe I can send you some parts out of it.

tjcinnamon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
02142EAF-BE12-4D01-BA6B-4CE2A904B497.jpeg

tjcinnamon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Saw this on the Onkyo site. So 70 and 90 are listed. Not sure what the star next to them means

dlaloum

Major Contributor
Not released yet? (not even announced yet.... may never happen...?)

starfly

Forum Donor
How reliable are Onkyo and Pioneer AVRs these days? I read that especially Onkyo often gives trouble.

Seems that Yamaha and Denon AVRs are perceived to be the most reliable.

dlaloum

Major Contributor
Reports from models manufactured in the last 5 years or so, seem positive - before that, there were dire issues with overheating, causing failure of HDMI boards and DSP's.

All recent reports are anecdotal - I don't believe Onkyo/Integra/Pioneer have ever published real statistics on this

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How reliable are Onkyo and Pioneer AVRs these days? I read that especially Onkyo often gives trouble.

I have owned 4 or 5 Pioneer Elite receivers over the last 25 years. I’ve never had an issue with any of them. My latest, a refurbished SC-LX801, is going on 5 years now. I’ll replace it if Pioneer announces an Elite model with class D amps and Dirac.

Martin

starfly

Forum Donor
Reports from models manufactured in the last 5 years or so, seem positive - before that, there were dire issues with overheating, causing failure of HDMI boards and DSP's.

All recent reports are anecdotal - I don't believe Onkyo/Integra/Pioneer have ever published real statistics on this

Do Onkyo and Pioneer mostly share internals these days, with the exception of feature differences? I don't even care too much about the amplification, as I'd use an external amp for the two front channels.

dlaloum

Major Contributor
That seems to be the case - even the firmware version numbers seem to align...

rcstevensonaz

before that, there were dire issues with overheating, causing failure of HDMI boards and DSP's
Can confirm. Have an Onkyo TX-SR805 that would shut down after a while... until I laid a 120mm 5V fan (spare from a computer build) on top of the receiver, placed over the HDMI video card. No more issues from that point forward.

dlaloum

Major Contributor
Disappointingly - the Voxx reference website for CES 2022 has no mention of new AVR's.... they remain vaporware for the time being...

amper42

Major Contributor

That's hilarious! My Denon 4500 lasted 3 months and it took 3 more months to get it repaired/replaced. The Denon AVR shipping boxes aren't built to take much punishment. If the delivery service is rough at all the front access panel can easily bend/break. The 1st time my receiver came back from Denon warranty service it had screws rattling around inside and tons of new scratches on the case. What a mess. If that's the most reliable AVR brand then we have a problem. In the last 2 years, Sound United drastically reduced where Denon AVRs can be repaired. It can be a major hassle if something goes wrong. As long as it works and you don't need to ship it you might think it's reliable. :p

Mgnickel

Just got exciting news from an Onkyo corp insider, which got me canceling my Yamaha RX-A6A preorder.

Two AVR models with Dirac Live Bass Control (available separately as an optional software upgrade) and Auro 3D will be available early 2022.

The TX-RZ70/ VSX-LX705 (11.2 channels) and TX-RZ9/VSX-LX905 (13.2 channels) will sell for around 2000$ and 3000$, respectively (+ 450$ for multichannel DLBC license).

Don't ask me how I know, and who's the source, I just know. This is 100% legit and confirmed. More details and pictures coming soon...
Any chance your insider has a rough ETA? I need a new AVR by 4/1.

Lawyrup843

It's funny that you think it won't go out of stock the moment it's released. it's 2022 baby!
Seriously wouldn’t hold my breath if I needed an AVR right now. The RZ-50 which is currently released and not a speculative rumor can’t even be purchased normally.

AlexanderM

Seriously wouldn’t hold my breath if I needed an AVR right now. The RZ-50 which is currently released and not a speculative rumor can’t even be purchased normally.
Not sure if this works or not, but it's the new one with Dirac, they seem to have them. All of a sudden there's a server error I wasn't getting just minutes ago.

They still have these but it's an older model.

Last edited:

Mgnickel

Yeah I’m on a wait list for the RZ50. The RZ70 sounds like an ideal unit for me though.

Top Bottom