• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 or Audirvana based system

jazzvinyl2020

I currently own a Wiim Pro (Toslink into my RME ADI2 FS R Pro DAC). It works stable streaming Qobuz but I don't like its smallish UI on smartphones / tablets. It's hard to browse music somfortably. In addition, streaming local content from my Synology NAS often has hickups. I'm therefore looking for a more flexible solution and came across the Eversolo streamers.

However, for 850 Euros or more, I can almost get a new MacBook Air that could run Audirvana. I could also spin CDs with an external drive into my DAC. And I would be safe if the Android 11 on Eversolo becomes obsolete (could always upgrade the software on the Mac though).

What would you do?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The Eversolo won’t/can’t offer better sound quality, you must decide on features/convenience.
Streamers are quite convenient for audio in ‘other’ rooms.
Keith

OP
J

jazzvinyl2020

Update: I purchased a DMP A-8 and love its versatility! Analog input is a must for my turntable setup.

OP
J

jazzvinyl2020

Congrats! Are you using Audirvana via upnp? Is the connection between them stable?
I don't use Audirvana with it, just the internal player plus nVME for my local music

Top Bottom