• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP A-8 compared to Eversolo DMP A-6 ‘Master’

I wouldn’t trust You Tube influencers if were you.
Keith

I wouldn’t trust You Tube influencers if were you.
Keith

I didn't say anything about "influencers". I stated there are YouTube videos with DAC comparisons side by side that you can listen to. These are not from "influencers" or well known YouTube reviewers.

Also, I notice in your other thread on the DMP A-8 that we can stop by the shop to hear the DMP A-8....but why would we need to listen to it if it sounds identical to everything else that's competently designed? We've already heard its' sound signature on every other piece of gear. What exactly would we be listening for? And why?

Are the sound signature differences captured in this video fake or imagined?

Last edited:
Some things just sound the same, the A-8 sounds identical to the A-6 because they are both audibly transparent, the A-8 does have some extra features.
Keith

I find it interesting that the "all gear sound exactly alike" are still browsing the forum and harassing potential customers of new products.
This is the dealers section. If anything it's customers harassing the dealer saying they sound different.

Look at Amir’s ‘dac list’ the very last few ( the very poorest engineered) might sound different.
The interesting question is just how bad do they have to be ( just how much distortion do they have to add) before you can actually hear a difference.
Keith

Some things just sound the same, the A-8 sounds identical to the A-6 because they are both audibly transparent, the A-8 does have some extra features.
Keith
Maybe they sound the same in Purite’s system but the regular A6 and A8 sound different in my system and virtually everyone who has tested them. Just watch the many many Youtube videos where people say they sound different. I have no skin in the game to make up that they sound different. I’m not selling anyone anything. And, I would venture at least one of the Youtubers would try to save you money and get you to buy the regular A6 if it sounded the same but they all say it does not sound the same.

uh-huh, remmeber they ‘have’ to sound different for ‘influencers’ because no clicks in them sounding the same.
Listen level matched to .1dB and of. course unsighted.
Keith

Back
Top Bottom