• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Equalizer APO has no impact on Dirac Live Processor

prescient

I've been working on setting up an HTPC but am stuck on getting Equalizer APO to interface with Dirac Live Processor.

My thought was that I could go: Plex -> Equalizer APO (subwoofer crossover) -> Dirac Live Processor -> Motu Ultralite Mk5 -> Amp.

However changing settings in Equalize APO seems to have no impact on the audio output (pre-amp doesn't impact volume, can't channel swap, etc.). If anyone has been down this path and can provide some hints I would be more than appreciative.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What device(s) is eAPO installed for in the Configurator? e.g. here's the setup for my Topping EX5...

1661724693326.png

...and Welcome to ASR! :)

OP
P

prescient

Thanks for the welcome though I am a long time lurker! Equalizer APO is set to output to the Dirac Live Processor virtual card so I don't think it is that.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't own Dirac, so this is a wild stab in the dark... Maybe you need to use the Dirac VST plug-in with eAPO, rather than the virtual sound card?

Eldus

I don't own Dirac, so this is a wild stab in the dark... Maybe you need to use the Dirac VST plug-in with eAPO, rather than the virtual sound card?
The VST crashes Equalizer APO for me.

Eldus

I have the non-VST version set to use the ASIO driver for my Topping E50 (closed when I have tried the VST version). I actually do not see the audio options in the vst in eq apo. The top left says, (no signal). I know eq apo does not render graphics for VSTs. EQ APO is installed to the Topping DAC.

I don't mind the stand alone version. I just would like to play with other VSTs from time to time. Certain older records and radio shows I like to use a dynamic EQ on. (TDR Nova).

Last edited:
Top Bottom