• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Edifier s2000 mkiii

kirk02

I just purchased the Edifier s2000 mkiii speaker set. I find the sound is greatly improved with a dac from my computer or tv optical out dac. With a outside dac the sound is much better than the internal one. The optical cable which comes with it is inferior and the electrical cable is short and very thin. I use this to improve tv and have a much better stereo and speakers in my listening room. This is my first experience with powered speakers. The sound overall is not impressive but ok for tv and some Bluetooth music. What is frustrating is the forced dsp of classic, vocal, dynamic or monitor. Is there some way to turn dsp off that someone is aware of? Thank you

OP
K

kirk02

Thanks. That is what I thought but hoped someway it could be shut offed completely.

Barbu64

[...] I find the sound is greatly improved with a dac from my computer or tv optical out dac. With a outside dac the sound is much better than the internal one. The optical cable which comes with it is inferior and the electrical cable is short and very thin. [...]

(first time here, perusing everything and ...got questions)

So, let me understand: if you use an external DAC, the sound is better?
In other words, external DAC -> analogue connection -> internal ADC -> DSP -> internal DAC
*is better than*
digital connection (straight to) -> internal DSP -> internal DAC?

How could that be possible, if the external DAC doesn't add some coloration? Was that your intention, to add even more processing, right as you were wondering how to turn that DSP off?

Top Bottom