• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dynaudio X14 Speaker Review

IRG

Maybe the NAD 368 integrated compared to the Yamaha. Different classes, which makes it interesting.

Nachmanowicz

Should I get the Klipsch R15M for my bedroom for 140 euros or the Dynaudio X14 for 300 euros?

Moonhead

Neither, get some actives instead.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
I already have the amp for it tho. I'll use the second zone from my Denon 3313CI...
Is there particular reason you like Dynaudio X14's? If there is there are similar new speakers better in many ways (easier to drive, wider dispersion, more room for EQ...) that you could find for similar price as second hand X14's.
You do need to be warned how all such with larger back port's require healthy amount of empty space (about 60 cm) behind and even so sound much better with plugged port's and high/low pass crossed with sub's.

Postlan

Does this correspond to the port ressonance Amir pointed out between 500 Hz and 1kHz?
I think so.

For over two years, I have been using Amazon cardboard boxes filled with acoustic foam taped to the back of my X18s, covering the rear ports. The advantage of this is not only to completely eliminate port noise but also to allow for a reduction in the distance between the speaker and the back wall. However, the downside is that the low frequencies are a little reduced, so EQ is necessary.

In addition, by bypassing the internal network completely and driving the tweeter with a Hypex multi-amp with a digital delay of about 2ms, the phase response is significantly improved. The filter is first-order. The step response becomes much cleaner, and subjectively, the sound becomes considerably clearer. I recommend this modification if you feel X18 sounds a little cloudy. High shelf EQ also helps. The units used in X18 are top notch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom