• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dynaudio Heritage Special

torpedia

Would love to see some pics of your setup if you have any! I have to imagine that Vincent is a nice match for the dyns.

Here you have a few pics. I'm a long term Vincent owner and the dyns are a nice match for this amplifier.

The couch is of course not the sweet spot :) it is mostly used for reading books and relaxing. The sweet spot is a chair, in the middle of the living room, that can be switched around for either best listning position for music or to watch the telly in the opposite corner of the living room.

DHS1.jpeg

A Bluesound Node X streamer is hidden behind the amplifier and is controlled via the BluOS app from the iPad. There are no needs to have easy access to any of the units, so the location below the couch is convenient, even it is not common practice :cool:

DHS2.jpeg

testp

Just seeing this post and have seen most of what's on AVS. From what I can tell it's basically one person on AVS who seems to prefer an exceptionally laid back sound who has been very vocal about the excruciating pain he suffered at the hands of the HS tweeter during a demo but I can't really find anyone else to corroborate that opinion. It's certainly not some sort of fact that the treble is hot.

Also, fwiw, and just my opinion obviously, but hot treble certainly doesn't describe anything I've heard my 2+ years of enjoying them every day.
i don't want to copy-paste my response again, i'll add the link that i mentioned earlier:
https://www-hifi--voice-com.transla...l=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp <- it definitely looks hot

but it's quality product and if i would own these and love what i hear, i would not bother looking reasons not to ;)

KevinJKim

Hello, everyone~. Just like to share my Denon A110 integrated amp combo with the Heritage. Sounds great! I think the EXT-PRE IN feature is one of the gems of this amp. I paired the A110 integrated [running it solely as a power amp] with a 1976 Denon POA 1000b -tube preamp and it sounds amazing!

Attachments

• 3F87C97C-F83C-4FF8-9F07-7AEE8BC332F0.jpeg
    3F87C97C-F83C-4FF8-9F07-7AEE8BC332F0.jpeg
    280.2 KB · Views: 136

matro5

Here you have a few pics. I'm a long term Vincent owner and the dyns are a nice match for this amplifier.

The couch is of course not the sweet spot :) it is mostly used for reading books and relaxing. The sweet spot is a chair, in the middle of the living room, that can be switched around for either best listning position for music or to watch the telly in the opposite corner of the living room.

View attachment 288016

A Bluesound Node X streamer is hidden behind the amplifier and is controlled via the BluOS app from the iPad. There are no needs to have easy access to any of the units, so the location below the couch is convenient, even it is not common practice :cool:

View attachment 288017
lovely room! I've got a similar set up with multiple listening positions and will try to post pics soon.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
got to say the song only hypes my anticipation more, can't wait..

Maybe he should play Christopher Cross's entire album on Youtube- that might be more interesting. :facepalm:

1998's Walking in Avalon was a great album apart from the first two of course.

testp

Kudos to Erin for reviewing the speaker and whoever sent it in!

Dyn's should hire Erin :p, they have the drivers, just a little bit more..

caioferrari

Thank god I didn't buy a Dynaudio and found a pair of Revel to buy here in Brazil.

I can't understand why a company with such a advanced measuring devices like Dyn doesn't make a great measuring speaker. It's makes me wonder: How they decide that a speaker is good enough? Based on subjective listening tests?

McFly

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Not bad. But not SOTA either. The 4-5khz peak is textbook edge diffraction. Nasty on axis only. It's a big aesthetic tradeoff. Look at the M105/M106's from revel and the peaks are also there, amongst many many other box, hard-edged front-baffled speakers.

caioferrari

Not bad. But not SOTA either. The 4-5khz peak is textbook edge diffraction. Nasty on axis only. It's a big aesthetic tradeoff. Look at the M105/M106's from revel and the peaks are also there, amongst many many other box, hard-edged front-baffled speakers.
Yes but… did you compare Revel with Dynaudio price ?

McFly

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Price wasn't part of the equation. Purely comparing speakers.

testp

Thank god I didn't buy a Dynaudio and found a pair of Revel to buy here in Brazil.

I can't understand why a company with such a advanced measuring devices like Dyn doesn't make a great measuring speaker. It's makes me wonder: How they decide that a speaker is good enough? Based on subjective listening tests?
Final tuning, they do it by listening, they say that in their videos.

i have dyn speakers where there is treble roll-off and some midrange tip i can hear but for now i don't mind, overall i like the sound, but yeah measurements suck and yet they can still sound somehow great, not awesome, just great. i believe it's the bass driver that can play loud or smthing, don't know

dfuller

Major Contributor
Dyns all seem to have that suckout around 1k, probably why they sound scooped to me.

Penelinfi

Final tuning, they do it by listening, they say that in their videos.

i have dyn speakers where there is treble roll-off and some midrange tip i can hear but for now i don't mind, overall i like the sound, but yeah measurements suck and yet they can still sound somehow great, not awesome, just great. i believe it's the bass driver that can play loud or smthing, don't know
For its size it seems like it can play reasonably loud. But then again I can get 2 pairs of Sointuvas for one pair of those Dyns
Or a multitude of other speakers, or build a small speaker with other high end drivers

testp

my interest is more torwards Wharfedale Linton 85's or some JBL's maybe (4329P), or some Revels

(curious how Erin would rate Linton against Heritage) - Linton has more volume and 8" woofers.

Dyn's should come out with dual woofers floorstanders 2½ or 3-way and is reasonably priced and measures better, that would have my interest

Top Bottom