• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dynaudio Heritage Special

aschen

Heritage are built to "old school" dynaudio standards unappologetically. I suspect dynaudios design choices are informed and deliberate, though I don't pretend to understand their rational. The price is crazy but these are built of very high quality components in denmark. I had a pair of contours for 25 years and countless moves used as PA speakers at parties when I was in college, thrown up on at one point and knocked over another. They still looked beautiful and sounded great to me at time of sale last year.

Id buy something else besides these, but I want dynaudio to succeed because I think the mean well as a company and make quality speakers. Plus I am with Erin most of them sound better to me than I would think from the measurments a priori

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Multiple ugly resonances, inconsistent directivity and pricey!

What’s not to like? :D

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Multiple ugly resonances, inconsistent directivity and pricey!

What’s not to like? :D
I almost hate to stir the waters, but that may be the attraction of some vintage speakers. They have "character".

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I almost hate to stir the waters, but that may be the attraction of some vintage speakers. They have "character".

I get it. Still have my Signet SL280s. I bought my first ones at an Audio Technica warehouse sale. When they got water damaged, I found some used ones. They have more character than any rehash does and without the price gouge. :)

D

Deleted member 48726

True. And like people character can be both annoying and pleasant. :)

Top Bottom