• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dynaudio Heritage Special

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
Safe and Sound is... err... safe. I have used them before. Good experience.

PuX

I got my pair recently, paid less than MSRP, stands were sold separately. I did not get the adapter plates yet, don't really see why they are necessary.
But I am not in the US so maybe it was just the dealer's decision to sell them at a loss, who knows.
The box was open, they showed the speakers to some other customer.

cgorges

I’m a proud owner of the heritage specials. I’m looking into a new amp to run them and am thinking along the lines of a devialet pro. Anyone have the HS paired this way? I’m a bit new to this hi fi world and any advice would be appreciated. I’m currently running my HS with a nova. Thanks again and I am new to this forum fyi.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I’m a proud owner of the heritage specials. I’m looking into a new amp to run them and am thinking along the lines of a devialet pro. Anyone have the HS paired this way? I’m a bit new to this hi fi world and any advice would be appreciated. I’m currently running my HS with a nova. Thanks again and I am new to this forum fyi.

Yep, that's what I used with them until very recently.

cgorges

Expert 140 versus expert 220 for them? Sorry as I should have mentioned this first. Thanks for the info as well.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Congrats. A perfect match visually and, I would guess, sonically. Enjoy.

Visually is why I got it.

Sonically, the amps do sound different (especially with SAM on the Devialet), and the features are miles apart, but in terms of power, both have enough for my 22' x 17' high ceiling room.

Note: I also have dual subwoofers, so the power sucking deep bass is handled elsewhere.

matro5

Visually is why I got it.

Sonically, the amps do sound different (especially with SAM on the Devialet), and the features are miles apart, but in terms of power, both have enough for my 22' x 17' high ceiling room.

Note: I also have dual subwoofers, so the power sucking deep bass is handled elsewhere.

That makes sense. I'm happily running mine with a Sub 6 in a large room like yours. If I had a lower powered amp, I might consider another Sub 6 but I'm not wanting for anything at the moment. I'm running a little EL84 in a small office with 160s and it sounds so good I can't help but wonder about a top shelf tube amp with the HS. All in due time...

image.jpg

Wezzy

How far are you HS owners positioned from the speakers and how far apart do you have them.
Cheers,
Steve.

350 cm from speakers and speakers approx 350 cm apart, so a perfect triangle.

speakers 75 cm out of corners and from walls is more important.

but it depends on the room and the wife off course

Wezzy

350 cm from speakers and speakers approx 350 cm apart, so a perfect triangle.

speakers 75 cm out of corners and from walls is more important.

but it depends on the room and the wife off course
Thanks for that. I have the SP 40 at the moment which i am considering moving on , then buy a pair of HS`s.
My SP 40 are 285 centre to centre of the speaker and i am around 340cm away from them. I am wondering if the bigger rear port, would make a difference to positioning from the corners, but i have the room for that.
Thanks again.

Top Bottom