• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dutch&Dutch 8C new delivery!

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
New delivery of 8Cs including white baffle/ natural oak enclosure, as well as our most popular black baffle/natural combination.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
New Dutch&Dutch 8C delivery arrives tomorrow.
https://dutchdutch.com
The Dutch&Dutch 8C, active, full-range ( 20Hz to 20kHZ) cardioid , constant directivity, amongst the finest i not the finest measuring and thus sounding loudspeaker system currently available.
Almost infinitely adjustable built in parametric EQ and sophisticated tone controls, they actively enjoy being positioned close to the front wall or anywhere you choose.
A complete stem comprises of a source and the 8Cs, they are simply stunning.
Keith
IMG_0372.jpeg

Chester

Isn’t it that the studio version doesn’t have a streamer built in? Something like that I think.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Solid looking speaker stands!
They are from Liedtke metallic in Germany, ‘Studio’ version is black mdf instead of Oak, has fixtures for a ‘u’ shaped bracket for wall mounting and yes can’t stream Roon and Spotify.
SQ is exactly the same.

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
D&D8Cs arrived safely and with gift!
Here they are are one at least next to the Sigberg Audio SBS.1.
IMG_3569.jpeg

IMG_3568.jpeg

Laagman

Isn’t it that the studio version doesn’t have a streamer built in? Something like that I think.
Yes, it’s this. Soundwise they should be identical. You can buy the streaming upgrade for the studio on the website of D&D.

Edit: and the non-studio is made from solid wood against mdf for the studio.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Here are the 8Cs coyly displaying their cardioid port to the worlds gaze, the isolation
IMG_3573.jpeg
stand is one of Deni Mesanovic’s I use them more than anything just to bring speakers up towards ear height.
Wouldn’t need them of course is there was. new larger D&D!

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

goat76

Major Contributor
The platform the 8Cs are resting upon is by Mesanovic.

Keith

Those platforms are way too expensive if your main reason for using them is to decouple the speakers from the surface or the speaker stands. If the reason is just to get the speakers towards ear height, I'm sure you can find a way less expensive solution than that. :)

Sonic Design makes inexpensive decoupling speaker feet out of a material called Sylomer, that material will likely work better than using springs like the one you are using. They come in 8-packs and are made for different speaker weights (4-12Kg, 12-28Kg, 28-50Kg, and 50-100Kg) and will cost you £23 + postal charges, instead of the £600-£1200 you have paid for those Mesanovic stands.

This is what the Sonic Design feet look like underneath a high-quality loudspeaker. ;)

IMG_1896.jpeg

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I just took a proper engineers advice,
Quote,

‘This part of the design is actually one of the features that attracts me most to this manufacturer.
From a noise and vibration isolation perspective speaker supports have been amongst the most technically misunderstood aspects of hifi in the press IMO.
The whole "mount them rigidly" fashion was bollox from day 1 because nothing is rigid over the full range of audio frequencies, but the press ran with it (on record players too) and have continued for decades.
If you don't want your stands and floor to be an inaccurate sounding board for your speakers making sure they are mechanically decoupled is essential and these are the first I have seen with both polymeric (good for higher frequencies) and springs (good for low frequencies).
Decades ago I measured the difference in cabinet and stand vibration level on a pair of LS3/5as and target stands I had in my office between sitting on cones and using peas sized balls of blutak squidged between them. I didn't quantify the squidging ;) so maybe not a strictly scientific test, but the vibration level on speaker and stand were both reduced by "lots", or to use a different unit "shed loads".’

When I looked into vibration transmission some ten years ago working with a manufacturer who make laboratory isolation equipment Ie not foo) they concluded that structural borne transmission isolation would only be beneficial in a very small percentage of user cases.
And of course you might ameliorate structural borne vibration/resonance but there is still air borne.
They do bring the speakers nearer to ear height though.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Just about to acoustically measure a new pair of Dutch&Dutch 8C loudspeakers.
I use REW ( room eq wizard) software which is fantastic and free!
The 8Cs are REW integrated which means that I just connect a microphone to my laptop, open REW and choose ‘D&D8c’ from the list of equalisers in the drop down menu.
The 8Cs are preset at the ‘correct’ volume, once REW has created the requisite filters you just hit a button and send the inters to the appropriate loudspeaker, very straight forward.
I wrote a REW ‘how to’ in one of my blog articles.
IMG_3580.jpeg

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
No not really always have probably because Trinnov which we used to import when they first started and which was probably the first time I used a measuring microphone stated place mic upright .
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I added a short pictorial explanation of the D&D 8Cs set-up, very few words , sadly no kittens, sorry.

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Another ‘proxy’ customer who came here to compare Dutch&Dutch 8Cs and Sigberg ‘Mantas’, Duncan preferred the 8Cs and I devised him to buy directly from D&D, Martijn Mensink advised with the set-up and implementing filters and the result is an extremely pleased customer.
Keith
image0.jpeg

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Just a reminder that Erin measured the 8Cs at ‘Erin’s Audio Corner’, using his klippel NFS.

The sound quality, convince and sheer use ability of contemporary active loudspeakers is ime unmatched.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Phil Ward‘s review of the 8Cs for Sound on Sound, as Martijn ( Mensink) handed Phil the first 8C Phil dropped it!
Fortunately a, they weren’t my pair and b, the damage didn’t affect sonic performance.

Keith

Top Bottom