• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Subwoofer integration for Dutch&Dutch 8C

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I hope Martijn won’t mind me posting a reply he made when questioned about subwoofer integration for the 8Cs.
Quote,
‘ Addressing the configurability of the SUB output has long been a lingering item on our backlog. While other features have consistently taken precedence, I'm thrilled to announce that we have now started working on this.

As you can probably imagine, a wide range of filters and other types of signal processing are required to integrate one or more subwoofers with an already fullrange speaker such as the 8c. Most people will not be needing a sub with their 8c's, but those who do I'm sure will really like what we're working on!’

Keith

MKR

Major Contributor
I hope Martijn won’t mind me posting a reply he made when questioned about subwoofer integration for the 8Cs.
Quote,
‘ Addressing the configurability of the SUB output has long been a lingering item on our backlog. While other features have consistently taken precedence, I'm thrilled to announce that we have now started working on this.

As you can probably imagine, a wide range of filters and other types of signal processing are required to integrate one or more subwoofers with an already fullrange speaker such as the 8c. Most people will not be needing a sub with their 8c's, but those who do I'm sure will really like what we're working on!’

Keith
Or they could just hurry up and release the 12C :D

Tachyon88

Any news on this ? Because even if these are full range can't you still get potential dips at your listening position depending on the room ? Thus needing a subwoofer or two to fill the dips out ?

PKAWA

Quote,

Keith
Any news on this? I have the 8c's and am currently looking into maybe buying the Arendal 2s to pair with them.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I haven’t heard anything, you can of course connect your subs to the 8Cs already , their ‘sub’ output is full range though.
Keith

Top Bottom