• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dutch & Dutch 8C Kii THREE killer?

Sir Sanders Zingmore

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
one question I'd be interested in once there's been a chance for someone to compare…
How do the Kii-threes + BXT unit compare to D&D's with a couple of well integrated subs?

I imagine the Kii setup should sound better, but how much and would it be worth the significant extra cost ?

fredoamigo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
before yesterday I had the pleasure of listening to the kii at home a full day... of what I can say about the kii, it is what are exceptional in view of their sizes, they fill my room of 40m2 without any problems, the integration of the bass is as good as for the 8c, the imagery is also very good. the kii also seems to me a hair more detailed...
after listening to the 2 models...my choice is for the kii for several reasons that are not only listening criteria (because almost similar) but (1) durability over time (dsp internal), (2) the 8c software is not at all user friendly, (3) the kii people are hyper responsive because there was a connection problem at home solved in 2 minutes with the french distributor , (4) the finish is exceptional and they are really beautiful...

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The Kiis and 8Cs are both great speakers, as a mastering engineer told me both head and shoulders better than anything else he has used.
The Kiis with their ‘control’ do make a very elegant package albeit at a price.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
one question I'd be interested in once there's been a chance for someone to compare…
How do the Kii-threes + BXT unit compare to D&D's with a couple of well integrated subs?

I imagine the Kii setup should sound better, but how much and would it be worth the significant extra cost ?
I have ordered the new BXT module, and I will compare it with the 8Cs and with a pair of ‘standalone’ Kii THREEs.
Hopefully this Autumn.
Keith

Simon740

Hello,

anybody compare D&D 8c with Manger C1?
Now I have Sonodyne SRP 205 (HIFI version of SRP 800) and looking for some upgrade.

regards,
Simon

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I had the C-1s at the same time as the 8Cs, personally I would pick the 8Cs every time.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Bass extension , bass coupling, phase coherence, cardioid response, wide, even dispersion, tone and EQ built in.
Sophisticated boundary filters cheaper, I think that’s it.
Keith

Simon740

Bass extension , bass coupling, phase coherence, cardioid response, wide, even dispersion, tone and EQ built in.
Sophisticated boundary filters cheaper, I think that’s it.
Keith
Hmm--thank you.
The only problem is, because Im from Slovenia (small country in EU) and I cant listen this speakers anywhere..

regards,
Simon

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Simon, contact Martijn at Dutch&Dutch he may be able to help, have you read Mitch Barnett’s ( of this very parish) review of the 8Cs?
It’s on the Computer Audiophile forum.
Keith

Simon740

Simon, contact Martijn at Dutch&Dutch he may be able to help, have you read Mitch Barnett’s ( of this very parish) review of the 8Cs?
It’s on the Computer Audiophile forum.
Keith

I read everythink about 8Cs :-D Mitch review too....very good review.
I will contact Martijn.

regards,
Simon

Top Bottom