• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Drop Ether CX Review (Closed Planar Headphone)

guzkiy

I wonder how this compares to Hifiman HE6se. Amir had a review on those and they had similar distortion and frequency response. Any subjective opinions of people who heard both?
I have both Drop Ether CX and HE6SE v2 (for now). I compared both equalized as suggested in this forum.
In my subjective opinion, Drop Ether CX sound more neutral (equal boring for some) and is more even across the spectrum. Sound stage seems to be a tiny bit better. The details may be a tad better but not sure about that (have not done enough listening/comparing yet). Definitely easier to drive than HE6se v2.
HE6se v2 on the other hand sound a bit colored to me and that is nice especially with guitar music (more appealing for some people, my other half loves how they sound). I hear some colored/uneven response somewhere in HE6se v2 in compare to Ether and that tilts my preference to Ether.

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Anyone know how the non-Flow Ether CX compared to the Aeon Flow 2? It's an older higher-end driver vs a newer entry driver but I couldn't really find any comparisons.

Acerun

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I moved from the Ether CX to the Ether Flow (got a great deal $650) and I find the Ether Flow superior in all regards IMO. Tighter, deeper bass (which I always found lacking on the CX) and better soundstage and clarity/openness in my book.

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
I moved from the Ether CX to the Ether Flow (got a great deal $650) and I find the Ether Flow superior in all regards IMO. Tighter, deeper bass (which I always found lacking on the CX) and better soundstage and clarity/openness in my book.
did you change ur cx+650 for the efo?
I'm owner for about 3 years of this headphone, sounds pretty nice technically
I use EQ with this headphone btw

Acerun

Forum Donor
Sorry, yes I got a great deal on the efo and tested it head to head with the ether cx and to my ears it wasn't even close.

Acerun

Forum Donor
I bought the EFO for $650 and I'm selling my CX for $650.

Top Bottom