• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Donner Dyna 4 Monitor Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 68 53.1%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 51 39.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

Toni Mas

I dont believe that the designers do not know their job, rather that they are trying to impress untrained listeners making these small speakers sound bigger boosting the low and high ends

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What? You were enjoying Hawaii while I was testing speakers??? Something is not right with this picture!
Is there something right with this picture?

IMG_8912.jpeg

Last edited:

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
donner is one odd company... they make pianos and guitars and stuff you give to kids to see if they have an 'talent' before you buy them a Steinway or Fender if they can actually earn from it

they make a whole slew of pretend professional products and this is no different... it has the sheen of something professional but it was designed by someone from... BRZ, Douk, Nobsound?

if you want to laugh, go to ebay.com and search for 'donner amp' and see what freakin' nonsense they make

Toni Mas

donner is one odd company... they make pianos and guitars and stuff you give to kids to see if they have an 'talent' before you buy them a Steinway or Fender if they can actually earn from it

they make a whole slew of pretend professional products and this is no different... it has the sheen of something professional but it was designed by someone from... BRZ, Douk, Nobsound?

if you want to laugh, go to ebay.com and search for 'donner amp' and see what freakin' nonsense they make
They make popular entry level stuff usually awarded with 4 or 5 stars in most marketplaces.

ReDFoX

A pair could have been purchased for $50 on sale, so how could it not get a fine rating ? Use an EQ or the contour controls on back and it would be perfect for a cheap bedroom speaker for my kids. For myself, there is a price point where specs really don't matter and this speaker falls into that category.
I'd rather go with a pair of Edifier MR4s which have a bass shelf instead of boost + superior distortion performance (obviously, size matters) packed with better bass extension

calugg

Forum Donor
I'm sorry, but the first thing that rolled through my brain was "Donner Party" speakers. Bad form on my part.

Toni Mas

Whatever the maker at this price point the cheap woofers mounted are bound to be unusable for bass reflex, but still, the designers seem to insist in using those nonsense alignments to get this boomy response that IS a key success feature in this market segment.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
its a 4" driver - its going to be suboptimal for even mid bass

also

• 【High-definition near-field active studio monitor】40-watt class D two-way high-definition near-field active studio monitor. Studio-quality design, accurate frequency response, precise acoustic field.
that sounds like a goddamn lie

Toni Mas

its a 4" driver - its going to be suboptimal for even mid bass

also

• 【High-definition near-field active studio monitor】40-watt class D two-way high-definition near-field active studio monitor. Studio-quality design, accurate frequency response, precise acoustic field.
that sounds like a goddamn lie
Fake pro stuff

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This looks kind of as if it wanted to create a fixed equal loudness contour curve. Question is whether it was on purpose or not.
The dips and boosts check out.

View attachment 299689
That’s what I was going to say—the frequency response curve certainly looks like the classic “loudness” EQ.

Top Bottom