• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Donner Dyna 4 Monitor Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 68 53.1%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 51 39.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

Aperiodic

Forum Donor
Seems like ASR is at a bit of a crossroads. It performs a valuable public service - keeping people from buying big money but crappy equipment (thers's a lot more than you'd think) but Amir is just one guy, and maybe this is getting too big for just one guy? You can hire staff, but staff costs $$$. You can take ads to subsidize said staff but they're annoying and inevitably raise conflict-of- interest questions unless restricted to non-audio content. But this thing sat around since last year, long enough to be discontinued (we're in mid July) so the review wouldn't have been useful to the manufacturer even if it had been favorable.

When I sent headphones in to be reviewed, I simultaneously made a donation sufficient for round-trip shipping so Amir didn't have to pay for the privilege of reviewing my equipment. I suggest doing this. If you could afford to buy it, you can afford to ship it. Do what we can to help the man out.

Ironic how ‘studio monitors’ became synonymous with ‘waveguides and smooth directivities’ in pop culture, thanks to paragons like Genelec and Neumann…

Meanwhile speakers meant to be situated in a living room, went like ‘yeah waveguides can have 1-2 dB influence but are hard to do right. We can do without’.

respice finem

Major Contributor
To each their own living room, these are doing their job well in mine

Yes you guessed it, WAF no issue :cool:

dfuller

Major Contributor
Ironic how ‘studio monitors’ became synonymous with ‘waveguides and smooth directivities’ in pop culture,
Huh? No it it hasn't. Some of the most popular monitors out there (ATC, PMC) are pretty much entirely flat-baffle designs.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Ironic how ‘studio monitors’ became synonymous with ‘waveguides and smooth directivities’ in pop culture, thanks to paragons like Genelec and Neumann…

Meanwhile speakers meant to be situated in a living room, went like ‘yeah waveguides can have 1-2 dB influence but are hard to do right. We can do without’.
Salon2s? Lots of others have waveguides.

Top Bottom