• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Do you invest money in IEM cables for Design and comfort?

LIΟN

I've been uncomfortable with some of the default cables and am on an adventure to find one that has the color,design and softness I want. (It's not about the sound)
However, I don't see many users on ASR using cables made by Aliexpress. What about you?

1.jpg

2.jpg

I used to use these plain, neutral-colored cables, which are pretty neat and match most IEMs.

1711614397.jpg

1711620411.jpg

These colorful cables are also so pretty these days. Does anyone else like these cables?

Somafunk

Major Contributor
My default cable for cheap iems <£100 that come with a shit cable is the Tripowin Zonie as its available in a multitude of fittings, very nice and extremely soft for the money and available on amazon.

I had a Dunu Vulkan that came with a nice cable with interchangeable jacks that had a 90 degree head, I prefer this type of jack in use. The Nightjar cable that comes with my Symphonium meteor is very nice and supple but that's a £500 iem so i expect something decent at that price.

OP
LIΟN

LIΟN

My default cable for cheap iems <£100 that come with a shit cable is the Tripowin Zonie as its available in a multitude of fittings, very nice and extremely soft for the money and available on amazon.
That looks good! Isn't it heavy? It looks good.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Tripowin or TRS multi kits are what I use. For $14 or so the black ones with 2.5, 3.5, and 4.4 tips are really convenient. I check ear hook designs for comfort more than anything.

OP
LIΟN

LIΟN

Tripowin or TRS multi kits are what I use. For $14 or so the black ones with 2.5, 3.5, and 4.4 tips are really convenient. I check ear hook designs for comfort more than anything.
I've usually used Nicehck, xinhs, and Yongse cables. Thank you for the information

Last edited:

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My cable from 6 years ago still looks great and works excellently for my IEM. I like 8 wire configuration since they never tangle :)

IMG_9937.jpeg

Somafunk

Major Contributor
That looks good! Isn't it heavy? It looks good.

The Tripowin cable is featherlite and barely there in the hand, others on this site have bought it and are impressed

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The ear guide side looks very sturdy! And the character background is very prominent in the center of the IEM and cable. ;)

Thanks! It’s a nicely well done ear hooks that uses the ConX connector system that you can swap from MMCX to 2-pin and more. They also fit my ears perfectly like Custom IEMs

IMG_9240.jpeg

1711726921294.png

OP
LIΟN

LIΟN

Thanks! It’s a nicely well done ear hooks that uses the ConX connector system that you can swap from MMCX to 2-pin and more. They also fit my ears perfectly like Custom IEMs
Very Nice.
I like the look of the seeaudio the best out of the IEMs I have, but I also like the mp145.
KakaoTalk_20240127_172226244.jpg

I'll be fitting the hidition C-IEMs from Korea next week.

The Tripowin cable is featherlite and barely there in the hand, others on this site have bought it and are impressed
Let's take a look at it - surprisingly, there are a lot of people using it!

So you only use the included cable?

muza_1

I change almost all my IEMs cables just because I also use them while walking/running and I like the cable to have a 3 button control, is difficult to find an IEM that comes with one, I use NICEHCK BlackWheat ($16.00) because they are soft, silent, not too heavy and don't tangle easily.
Clipboard01.jpg

ZööZ

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Nope, just for replacement.
Next time I'll purchase cables that come with several types of plugs so I can use single ended and balanced outs when necessary.

Had to inquire hifigo for a possibility to order https://hifigo.com/products/trn-t2-pro
these with all the differrent plugs included because they didn't have the option available at the time, quite some time ago and then I got sick of waiting after (probably) several months since they said they'd look into it and ordered some regular cables from amazon and ofcourse two weeks from that hifigo had those available. Oh well, hope they have them available still when I'm in the mood ordering those.

On a side note I'll probably have to procure "third party" tips for my 7hz ZERO II and Truthear Zero REDs as none of the included tips are as comfortable as the ones my AudioTechnica ATH- CKR100iS came with (though the RED tips are pretty close). Suggestions are welcome.

OP
LIΟN

LIΟN

I change almost all my IEMs cables just because I also use them while walking/running and I like the cable to have a 3 button control,
Oh It doesn't seem easy to find a cable that suits your purpose. otherwise, How about this thin cable? It is said to be very comfortable and doesn't feel any lines at all.

"third party" tips for my 7hz ZERO II and Truthear Zero REDs as none of the included tips are as comfortable as the ones my, AudioTechnica ATH- CKR100iS came with (though the RED tips are pretty close) suggestions are welcome.
I've tried both ZeroRed and Zero:2 (this was purchased 2 times), and I was also unhappy with the eartips included as basic as you are.
So I use Softears' UC Ultra Clear Tip on all IEMs I have. This is very comfortable without irritation to the ears, and it's well sealed.

mc.god

I don't care at all about design but got a couple of spare cable from TRN just for backup and convenience:

TRN T2 Pro with 3.5 - 4.4 - 2.5 plugs

TRN TC 8 core (discontinued)

Furthermore, when I needed to buy a mic cable, I ordered a Truthear Hola iem with mic, getting a very nice mic cable with a very good iem for less than what you normally pay for a decent cable itself.

OT
And the character background is very prominent in the center of the IEM and cable. ;)
Yuru Camp, very relaxing anime

OP
LIΟN

LIΟN

I don't care at all about design but got a couple of spare cable from TRN just for backup and convenience:

TRN T2 Pro with 3.5 - 4.4 - 2.5 plugs

TRN TC 8 core (discontinued)

Furthermore, when I needed to buy a mic cable, I ordered a Truthear Hola iem with mic, getting a very nice mic cable with a very good iem for less than what you normally pay for a decent cable itself.
Is a terminal-switched cable okay?
There is a basic cable of Seeaudio that can replace the terminal with 3.5/4.4 and I confirmed that THD increases a lot when using 3.5mm.
(But maybe this was just that cable that was defective, because that was the only terminal replacement cable I've ever experienced). So I was curious :eek:

mc.god

Is a terminal-switched cable okay?
There is a basic cable of Seeaudio that can replace the terminal with 3.5/4.4 and I confirmed that thd increases a lot when using 3.5mm.
(But maybe this was just that cable that was defective, because that was the only terminal replacement cable I've ever experienced). So I was curious :eek:
Honestly can't answer, as said i got it just for convenience in case I'll ever get a source with 2.5 or 4.4 output, that atm I don't have, so almost didn't use it till now.
It was so convenient during last christmas offers (12€ for the entire set at TRN aliexpress store) that I said "why not?"

muza_1

Oh It doesn't seem easy to find a cable that suits your purpose. otherwise, How about this thin cable? It is said to be very comfortable and doesn't feel any lines at all.
Looks good and light but I think the mic is just one button and I use the volume control as often as the "ok" button, it was difficult to find the one I use most are either a one button mic or too expensive, I also found one similar in silver but its an angled connector and shorter but it's also a bit lighter and cheaper ($12.00) but I like the black one more, is more discrete.
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 10-10-59 153.74MXN$ 23% de DESCUENTO Cable Flexible desmontable para ...png

(I use this one with the Zero:2 silver and it looks good.)

Last edited:
OP
LIΟN

LIΟN

Honestly can't answer, as said i got it just for convenience in case I'll ever get a source with 2.5 or 4.4 output, that atm I don't have, so almost didn't use it till now.
It was so convenient during last christmas offers (12€ for the entire set at TRN aliexpress store) that I said "why not?"
Yes. and it's not big deal. Do you use 2.5 often? I think I use 4.4 and 3.5 most of the time.

it was difficult to find the one I use most are either a one button mic or too expensive, I also found one similar in silver but its an angled connector and shorter but it's also a bit lighter and cheaper ($12.00) but I like the black one more, is more discrete.
After seeing your post, I'm also watching on AliExpress, but I don't think it's easy to find many microphones and buttons. =( :eek:

mc.god

Looks good and light but I think the mic is just one button and I use the volume control as often as the "ok" button, it was difficult to find the one I use most are either a one button mic or too expensive, I also found one similar in silver but its an angled connector and shorter but it's also a bit lighter and cheaper ($12.00) but I like the black one more, is more discrete.
7Hz Zero (original) sells with a 3.5 3 button mic cable, it's not fantastic but it's almost the same that I said fot the Hola (now discontinued), you can order one getting very nice IEM and decent cable you need for less than 30€ (got one as backup mic cable + backup 7Hz Zero :cool: )

Top Bottom