• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DIY Purifi Amp builds

I can assure you it wont. You dont understand the issue. In a real world implementation it certainly wont behave flawlessly. You will also note that if you do a search on the subject of this eval board you will find much dissent on how it sounds.

So measurements won't tell us the full story? We need subjective reports on how it sounds for proof? Is this ASR or Audiophile style?

Wondering why using a Hypex OEM evaluation module not available for sale when a Purifi front end is available...

Not for sale? Looks like it's for sale to me:
Screen Shot 2019-12-25 at 11.33.27 PM.png

Last edited:
I never said that. Measurements will show all the issues.

Ok perfect then. After we see the measurements you'll be eating crow. Because you obviously don't have the ability to measure them in house. So with the buffer bypassed, and the Tom Christensen buffer used instead will it also measure poorly?

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Not for sale? Looks like it's for sale to me:View attachment 43665

Its available to OEM manufacturers who have an account with Hypex.

For you to see pricing you must have an account which wont be provided to general members of the public.

So, I have to ask, do you have a commercial interest in this? How did you obtain the Hypex account? Im pretty sure they would be quite unhappy about their OEM pricing being made publicly available.

Its available to OEM manufacturers who have an account with Hypex.

For you to see pricing you must have an account which wont be provided to general members of the public.

So, I have to ask, do you have a commercial interest in this? How did you obtain the Hypex account? Im pretty sure they would be quite unhappy about their OEM pricing being made publicly available.

Just need to log in. Commercial interest? You think I work at Hypex or something? See me selling anything? It's you that has the commercial interest. Which is why you're trolling a DIY thread because you're afraid if people know too much it will be bad for business.

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Just need to log in. Commercial interest? You think I work at Hypex or something? See me selling anything? It's you that has the commercial interest. Which is why you're trolling a DIY thread because you're afraid if people know too much it will be bad for business.
You only get a log in if they give you an account. You dont get an account if you are not an OEM. So why do you have an account?

No I dont think you work for Hypex, thay arent that stupid. You are the new member whose first posts were to troll my product. Its suspicious to say the least and several people have PMd me unsolicited with their thoughts about your motives and who you are.

Im not trolling at all, I have provided helpful information which will prevent people from making a mistake by following your advice and using that input board. I thoroughly encourage DIY which is why I am providing this information.

DIY is not any threat or competition to my business. The markets and customers are totally different. Someone who is going to DIY is not going to buy my products. My customers (generally) have no interest or abilities WRT to DIYing an amp.

Last edited:
No you're lying through your teeth because you're afraid it will cut into your monoblock sales. When someone comes up with an assembly service for $100, you'll be about $1300 overpriced. Lot's of folks would be happy making $100 an hour.

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
No you're lying through your teeth because you're afraid it will cut into your monoblock sales. When someone comes up with an assembly service for $100, you'll be about $1300 overpriced. Lot's of folks would be happy making $100 an hour.
and with that uninformed and naive comment the report and ignore buttons are pressed.

So why havent NC400s, which have been on sale for years, wiped out the market for professionally designed, built and warranted amps?

Wombat

Master Contributor

You keep expecting others to fulfil your expectations. No care, no responsibility, no cost.

Oh, and you still haven't been forthcoming with your experience in electronics.

You seem to be here to denigrate @March Audio and his products.

I'm here to share helpful information with the DIY community. March is the one with the commercial interest, trolling this thread with misinformation.

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
I'm here to share helpful information to the DIY community. March is the one with the commercial interest, trolling this thread with misinformation.
As I said, invite other people with experience in electronics to comment. Its not my fault you dont understand the problem with that board. You are clearly not in a position to comment as you dont understand electronics design, so how do you draw a conclusion?

So why havent NC400s, which have been on sale for years, wiped out the market for professionally designed, built and warranted amps?

Nobody was stupid enough to try to sell commercial NC-400 builds for a $1500 premium over DIY versions. If so they likely would have gone belly up. You try to make popping a few lego blocks together sound like it's something you need to be a professional to do. If you can assemble an Ikea end table, you can assemble one of the kits. And Purifi also offers a warranty. so DIY builds carry a warranty as well.

Massimo

Nobody was stupid enough to try to sell commercial NC-400 builds for a $1500 premium over DIY versions. If so they likely would have gone belly up. You try to make popping a few lego blocks together sound like it's something you need to be a professional to do. If you can assemble an Ikea end table, you can assemble one of the kits. And Purifi also offers a warranty. so DIY builds carry a warranty as well.

You truly are showing yourself to be an idiot with these comments. You can’t electrocute yourself assembling an Ikea table.

You truly are showing yourself to be an idiot with these comments. You can’t electrocute yourself assembling an Ikea table.

Anyone who would try to assemble one of these amps while connected to the mains power would be quite an idiot. Sticking a finger in a light socket is also dangerous. Does that mean changing light bulbs should be left to professionals only?

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I'm here to share helpful information with the DIY community. March is the one with the commercial interest, trolling this thread with misinformation.
No your not , you clearly signed up to attack march audio.

What your trying to do is clear, why your doing it is less clear .

If you have a interest in audio beyond trying to attack march audio then please frequent other areas of the forum.

Please declare your commercial interest regarding audio if you have any .

Top Bottom