• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DIY DAC build service

yllanos

Is there someone around here interested in offering PCB board design and assembly for a DIY DAC project?

I started to get interested in this after watching videos as follows:

I'm an IT guy, but I have close to zero knowledge on electronics design so I'm looking for someone interested in helping out on a project like this. Basically I would like to provide my idea and then have someone build a prototype for me, then deliver all assets back to me.

The goal is to build a prototype of a decent DAC-in-a-box. No streamer required. That's it.

I got to clarify: I already have my own list of requirements that satisfy my own interests (mandatory features, optional features, ports, general design guidelines etc) I also got my own list of deliverables already defined.

This is definitely not meant to satisfy the preferences of the general public. This is not meant to be an open source kind of project.

It should be relatively affordable (I haven't figured out a specific amount yet).

Off course I'm willing to pay for this kind of service. I live on third world country income, so affordability is also a necessity that will need to be weighed against my possibilities.

If there is someone interested to discuss, please reach out via DM.

Thanks.

Last edited:

tomchr

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Audio Company
Forum Donor
I'm horrified by the number of videos I see where the ESD sensitive parts are stored in plain plastic boxes. Seriously?! If you're going to work with low-voltage ICs please follow reasonable antistatic practices.

On a different note: Do you have any idea which USB receiver is used in this DAC?

Tom

tomchr

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Answered my own question: It looks like the USB-C is only used for power. The ADAU1701 is the DSP.

Tom

Top Bottom