• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DIY Purifi Amp builds

maxxevv

Major Contributor
These guys will make custom cases of any size, and any cutouts. Look at the March amp cases for reference.

If you have not dealt with them before, I'm very sure you are mistaken with what is being offered in that listing.

That listing is basically customising their existing (selection of ) shells of specific sizes to the cutouts that you might require. You have to choose a template box and request the specific cutouts you want. You can't ask them to "make custom cases of any size, and any cutouts" without incurring plenty of additional costs outside of that listing's ballpark price.

It doesn't work the way you are suggesting.

If you have not dealt with them before, I'm very sure you are mistaken with what is being offered in that listing.

That listing is basically customising their existing (selection of ) shells of specific sizes to the cutouts that you might require. You have to choose a template box and request the specific cutouts you want. You can't ask them to "make custom cases of any size, and any cutouts" without incurring plenty of additional costs outside of that listing's ballpark price.

Did you see this? They will make any case size you want. With any customizations you want. The case in the link is only an example. And it also comes with cables and connectors and mount for an ITX motherboard, which adds to the cost.

Screen Shot 2019-12-25 at 8.13.11 PM.png

Beware that board has no input filtering or GBW limiting it's not suitable fo a final imementation, it's just a "get you going" circuit.

Plenty of commercial NC-500 based amps use that board. Show us some measurements that prove yours measures better. Or are you suggesting Bruno doesn't know how to implement an LM4562 op-amp?

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Did you see this? They will make any case size you want. With any customizations you want. The case in the link is only an example. And it also comes with cables and connectors and mount for an ITX motherboard, which adds to the cost.

View attachment 43663

Have you ever dealt with them is the question. ?

Addendum:

I certainly have dealt with many Chinese vendors over the years, Alibaba.com listings included. You certainly don't sound like you know what dealing with them entails besides the descriptions on the listings there.

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Maybe for people with a simple little system comprised of one ultra low impedance, low noise, ruler flat, large amplitude swing source, at close range to the amplifiers, it might be OK.

But for people with multiple sources, of all types and abilities, possibly driving several amplifiers or amplifiers at a distance, source buffers/line drivers and amplifiers with reasonable input impedances are required and always have been.
Also the Purifi board needs a source that can drive at least 9.6 volts rms to get it to full output into 4 Ohms.

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Plenty of commercial NC-500 based amps use that board. Show us some measurements that prove yours measures better. Or are you suggesting Bruno doesn't know how to implement an LM4562 op-amp?
Yes and they have made the same error you have. Look at the board in detail. It is missing very required circuit elements. How do you know Bruno designed it?

maxxevv

Major Contributor
No but the service they provide is very clear. And there's dozens more just like them. Where do you think March get's his cases?

Read my post again ....

Look at the board in detail. It is missing very required circuit elements. How do you know Bruno designed it?

Critical elements like what? It measures better than the Purifi modules themselves, so how could they be a bottleneck? Besides if the buffer is bypassed it acts as a simple I/O board. This is the best way to run it anyways.

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Critical elements like what? It measures better than the Purifi modules themselves, so how could they be a bottleneck? Besides if the buffer is bypassed it acts as a simple I/O board. This is the best way to run it anyways.
I already mentioned them. You clearly don't have the electronics knowledge to understand what I wrote.

I already mentioned them. You clearly don't have the electronics knowledge to understand what I wrote.

I didn't make the board. Hypex did. So are you saying Hypex has no technical knowledge on how to properly interface with their own amps?

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
I didn't make the board. Hypex did. So are you saying Hypex has no technical knowledge on how to properly interface with their own amps?
The board is for testing and evaluation purposes, it is not intended for final products. You misunderstand its purpose. Its for manufacturers to use as a development tool.

The board is for testing and evaluation purposes, it is not intended for final products. You misunderstand its purpose.

So they want their potential OEM clients to have poor performance when evaluating the amps? At least 3 commercial amp builders offer those input boards as an option. If they're sub-par prove it with measurements rather than lip service.

Top Bottom