• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DIY Holton amplifier builds underpowered and distorted

JSmith

Master Contributor
OP
N

noiseangel

I dont know whats going on @Tubularbells but your account of how the thread was closed differs markedly to Rushtons.

But to set the record straight i was never "silenced" on SNA. In fact I felt quite the opposite and was very supported however in behind the scenes discussions I agreed that nothing good could come from further discussions from the thread i'd created so it was me that initiated the closure (for all our sakes). Marc was actually happy for me to keep it open if i'd chosen to do so but again by that point it was done.

Just saying someone is not telling the truth here. Regardless not a good look for Holton or stereonet and Rushton has thrown Holton right under a big bus fully loaded with audiophiles by saying Anthony contacted him to close the thread and he couldn't contact you to confirm if it was ok and, well your post above speaks for itself.

This is the reason stereonet is losing all credibility in the industry and ASR and its robust debating gets stronger and stronger. Cudos ASR for not having any sponsors to appease and please. Censorship doesn't work.
image_2021_04_13T06_17_43_745Z.png
image_2021_04_13T06_17_43_745Z.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom