• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dirac (for PC) stopped working today

Joaquinín

Hello,

I have used Dirac Live BC for several months now, but when I started the computer today, the DL Processor no longer works. When I open it (wether from the start menu or from JRiver VST plugin), the DL Processor says "No signal" in red. It doesn´t even appear in the list of available devices in the Windows Sound Control Panel.
I was using version 1.7.11, now I have installed version 1.7.12 and the problem remains the same.
Any clues?

notsodeadlizard

Hello,

I have used Dirac Live BC for several months now, but when I started the computer today, the DL Processor no longer works. When I open it (wether from the start menu or from JRiver VST plugin), the DL Processor says "No signal" in red. It doesn´t even appear in the list of available devices in the Windows Sound Control Panel.
I was using version 1.7.11, now I have installed version 1.7.12 and the problem remains the same.
Any clues?
Why not try the easy and official way?

OP
J

Joaquinín

For some reason I was not able to access DL Support earlier today. Now I have been able to open a ticket.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Check if a Windows update recently happened to cause it. First I'd create a restore point, then either try removing a recent update, and if it doesn't help, try going back to a recent restore point.
Every other update knocks a printer or something else out.

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Curiously, my Dirac Live Bass Control Beta filters have all disappeared last night and I can no longer even create a sub channel being limited to regular Dirac 2ch.

I don't know if your issue and mine are related but even restoring a known working day from my backup isn't cutting it. On Mac BTW.

Flak

Industry Insider
Hello,
I think that you refer to the beta version of Dirac Bass Control that stopped working after six months... however, if one is using a beta version it means that he's a beta tester and he's entitled to a 30% refund of his purchase in case he'll decide to buy the license.
Just inform us on the HelpDesk... thanks!

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
beta version of Dirac Bass Control that stopped working after six months...
Bummer, I and others were under the assumption that our Beta license would continue working even in their pre-released flawed state. Hasn't even been 6 months, started my beta in mid January. Would have been nice to have a little notice instead of spending 5 hours yesterday trying to fix it.

Nice software though and I'll probably add it to the tool chest. @Flak can you tell me what changes were made for the Mac version from beta to full release?

Flak

Industry Insider
Bummer, I and others were under the assumption that our Beta license would continue working even in their pre-released flawed state. Hasn't even been 6 months, started my beta in mid January. Would have been nice to have a little notice instead of spending 5 hours yesterday trying to fix it.

Nice software though and I'll probably add it to the tool chest. @Flak can you tell me what changes were made for the Mac version from beta to full release?
Yes @DWPress , a notice would have been appropriate... I apologize for the inconvenience.
As far as changes are concerned, I don't know exactly but all the issues reported during the Bass Control beta testing should have been solved.

FANCI

The same thing happened to me too, without warning DLBC beta stopped working, only now I learn that Dirac has suspended without communications and unilaterally, congratulations for the behavior ......... not only, on mine account it is clearly written about the DLBC beta license expiring : never , therefore they do not even maintain the contracts they have made with the beta testers , on the license it is clearly written that it will never expire ...... otherwise i test if they had to do them, they didn't inform us before using us, not only that, I bought a Marantz just to use my licenses instead, the license doesn't work because they want to sell you another license which will remain "attached" to the product and not to the user, crazy stuff not even the big names like microsoft have done such a thing. Move the license wherever you want, I think I will abandon Dirac they are incorrect and this is too much

Flak

Industry Insider
The same thing happened to me too, without warning DLBC beta stopped working, only now I learn that Dirac has suspended without communications and unilaterally, congratulations for the behavior ......... not only, on mine account it is clearly written about the DLBC beta license expiring : never , therefore they do not even maintain the contracts they have made with the beta testers , on the license it is clearly written that it will never expire ...... otherwise i test if they had to do them, they didn't inform us before using us, not only that, I bought a Marantz just to use my licenses instead, the license doesn't work because they want to sell you another license which will remain "attached" to the product and not to the user, crazy stuff not even the big names like microsoft have done such a thing. Move the license wherever you want, I think I will abandon Dirac they are incorrect and this is too much
Your statement that we are incorrect is incorrect :)
Beta testers have received a beta tester version that worked for appx. six months since the beginning of beta testing and get a 30% discount in case they decide to purchase the license.
This seems appropriate to me, even more so in your case as it looks like no feedback had been provided, please correct me if I'm wrong.
I hope that you'll take the above into consideration and will reconsider your negative feelings towards Dirac Research.
Thanks for your understanding!

FANCI

Your statement that we are incorrect is incorrect :)
Beta testers have received a beta tester version that worked for appx. six months since the beginning of beta testing and get a 30% discount in case they decide to purchase the license.
This seems appropriate to me, even more so in your case as it looks like no feedback had been provided, please correct me if I'm wrong.
I hope that you'll take the above into consideration and will reconsider your negative feelings towards Dirac Research.
Thanks for your understanding!
first) why then did you write expiration period of the beta license : never? and still today in my account that I photographed it says license still valid? things must be said before and not after. second) does it seem appropriate that even if I buy the license then I can't use it for my devices? that is, with my marantz I should buy another license and it's not over if I change my marantz 40 with a superior one you make me pay for another license, are you kidding me???

FANCI

in the past I bought the pc license (believing I was making an investment) as very few avrs could install dirac live, now that it is finally possible to expect one to pay the same license again, we are passionate ... not idiots

Flak

Industry Insider
@FANCI
You expect us to give you a free Bass Control license as a beta tester and you provided no feedback.
Then you'd sell it together with your license with a 100% profit:
We know well that our customers are not idiots, quite the contrary... but we aren't either

Last edited:

FANCI

@FANCI
You expect us to give you a free Bass Control license as a beta tester and you provided no feedback.
Then you'd sell it together with your license with a 100% profit:
We know well that our customers are not idiots, quite the contrary... but we aren't either
it was you who suggested the sale as seen in the communication you sent me, because you do not allow me to use the License that I bought with my Marantz, however, by treating your customers like this you are not going anywhere

Attachments

• Immagine 2023-05-19 154221.jpg
    Immagine 2023-05-19 154221.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 87

Flak

Industry Insider
it was you who suggested the sale as seen in the communication you sent me, because you do not allow me to use the License that I bought with my Marantz, however, by treating your customers like this you are not going anywhere
I confirm what I said in the text that you attached leaving you the last word

Last edited:

FANCI

I confirm what I said in the text that you attached leaving you the last word
congratulations , you have managed to destroy the motivation to buy your product , i am happy however to have helped to clarify things so others can take note , you have not answered my questions however , regarding the fact that when you sell a license you do not it can be transported to another device and for example if I bought dlbc today when marantz will apply it in 2024 I would have to pay for another license

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Chill out @FANCI - no foul play here. You purchased a PC license which is a separate product from one bundled with a hardware purchase. Yes, you can sell your PC Dirac license and Dirac will transfer ownership. Not sure how it works with used hardware so can't comment.

I've beta tested for many audio products - sometimes you get to keep the software, sometimes not. My only objection was the lack of communication in this case. I've purchased the Bass Control add on now, maybe I wouldn't have if not for the beta trial and finding it useful.

FANCI

Chill out @FANCI - no foul play here. You purchased a PC license which is a separate product from one bundled with a hardware purchase. Yes, you can sell your PC Dirac license and Dirac will transfer ownership. Not sure how it works with used hardware so can't comment.

I've beta tested for many audio products - sometimes you get to keep the software, sometimes not. My only objection was the lack of communication in this case. I've purchased the Bass Control add on now, maybe I wouldn't have if not for the beta trial and finding it useful.
thanks for your contribution , now we understood that DLBC beta was for a limited period and not forever as written in the account , instead regarding the license for marantz I tell you that today when you buy the license for your device , if you change it with another also marantz maybe an upgrade you have to buy another license because this follows the device, does it seem right to you? it doesn't cost a few dollars ... and I add if I buy DLBC for pc today when marantz will be ready in 2024 I will have to buy another license .... but I say, do you think it is possible?

Trell

Major Contributor
The lack of transfer of a license from an AVR to a new one, even within the same manufacturer, does not give me a reason to buy an expensive license.

Last edited:

Flak

Industry Insider
The lack of transfer of a license from an AVR to a new one, even within the same manufacturer, does not give me a reason to buy an expensive license.
If you'll sell your AVR, you can sell the license with it and we'll assist you with the account and email for your buyer

Top Bottom