• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Did Toppings/S.M.S.L. stopped production?

Nango

Major Contributor
Umpteenth review in a row with no Topping and SMSL involved while time before every week we had an item from those mfr in the review ....... did they stopped production??? Do they stopped sending in the products?? What happened here???

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
OP
Nango

Nango

Major Contributor
I had no idea Toppings and SMSL got banned from Amazon along with Aukey and others. Well, at the end the mkt always puts you in your place!!!

KeithPhantom

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Well, to be honest, both Topping and SMSL don't need fake reviews or counterfeits since ASR is one of their greatest backers, even presenting technical and objective information corroborating the performance of their devices. Maybe there are other people counterfeiting these products, but the originals brands should not be banned from Amazon, but whatever.

AdamG

Forum Donor

KeithPhantom

Forum Donor
It is offered there does not imply you can execute the purchase and payment procedure. Two different things.
I am in the US and I was able to both add it to my cart and get to the payment page without any issues. Maybe because you are in the EU or something like that.

AdamG

Forum Donor
I am in the US and I was able to both add it to my cart and get to the payment page without any issues. Maybe because you are in the EU or something like that.
What was the delivery date ? Mine was June/July .

KeithPhantom

Forum Donor

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Umpteenth review in a row with no Topping and SMSL involved while time before every week we had an item from those mfr in the review .......
What I review is a function of what gets sent to me. It is not an indication of market at large. Topping did have a lot of new products for a while which I tested. So not surprising that they don't have much new stuff right now.

OP
Nango

Nango

Major Contributor
What I review is a function of what gets sent to me. It is not an indication of market at large. Topping did have a lot of new products for a while which I tested. So not surprising that they don't have much new stuff right now.
Yes, I wish the site could develop a more scientific and transparent approach (name it guidances or guidelines) to what gets tested and why it gets tested and what does not. Just accepting what the crowd or the mfr send in is imho not such an approach.

Top Bottom