• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Did Toppings/S.M.S.L. stopped production?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, I wish the site could develop a more scientific and transparent approach (name it guidances or guidelines) to what gets tested and why it gets tested and what does not. Just accepting what the crowd or the mfr send in is imho not such an approach.

It's an autocracy. Bossman can only review what he has but entirely at his discretion what and when he does from that stock. Obviously member submitted samples go up the list, especially if on a diversion via Amir for testing before getting delivered . Im not sure why he would shackle himself with a policy he either can't keep to or doesn't want to.

But if he could do his Ether CX I would be eternally grateful

OP
Nango

Nango

Major Contributor
Excuse me but science is just the opposite from autocracy. If you are not free to divulge information it is no science.

TheTalbotHound

Forum Donor
D10Balanced seems to have been in the works for a while and basically finalised somewhat recently but maybe the L30 recall had knock on effects on the rest of topping's production line

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Excuse me but science is just the opposite from autocracy. If you are not free to divulge information it is no science.

Let's not overcomplicate this. Its one man and some gear measuring and reviewing home audio kit and posting the results on a website for comment.

As valuable as that is to us members and (arguably) the industry as a whole, it is just that. How the reviews are scheduled really isn't anyone's concern but Amir's and the owners of the kit. We either put up or, like the shepherds, get the flock out.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

And this seems like you are back to your old refrain of "SMSL/ Topping and Amir have some kind of deal/arrangement" without ever actually saying it. Dont badge it as some "in the interests of science" crap. Just pack it in.

SMSL-Mandy

Audio Company
..... and sales support @SMSL-Mandy did not advise us? How interesting this.
Where your from? Can't check out now?
We still send the items to the amazon warehouse. It's just that the Amazon warehouse is a bit full recently, and the time for warehousing and delivery is slow. When buying, pay attention to whether it is delivered by Amazon or by the seller. Thanks.

hmscott

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The shipping times for Chinese direct product shipping on Amazon have generally been out 2-4 weeks or more, with locally stocked items being available much quicker.

Hifigo doesn't list much on Amazon right now:
https://www.amazon.com/s?me=ADLAB37BJFCPT&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER

But some stuff is available right away, like the Kinera KD005:

Amazon.com: 【HiFiGo】 Kinera BD005 Pro in Ear Monitors Entry Level 3D Printed HiFi Wired Earphones with Mic 9.2mm Beryllium Diaphragm Hybrid Driver 30095 Series+1BA 2-Pin Detachable Cables Effective Isolation: Electronics

$48.99 Prime & FREE Returns
FREE delivery: Saturday, May 15
Order within 3 hrs Details

While others take longer to ship by default, but Hifigo offers expedited shipping too (which most/many others don't offer):

Amazon.com: 【HiFiGo】 SONCOZ SGD1 Hi-Fi Balanced DAC Bluetooth 5.0 Audio Dual Chip ES9038Q2M ES9311 32bit/768kHz DSD512 Digital to Analog Converter DAC Amplifier High Resolution: Electronics

$478.00 $4.37 delivery: May 25 - June 1
Fastest delivery: May 19 - 24

The article is referring to banning "real" fake reviews, not Topping or others products in general. :)

Last edited:

JSmith

Master Contributor
Well, to be honest, both Topping and SMSL don't need fake reviews or counterfeits since ASR is one of their greatest backers, even presenting technical and objective information corroborating the performance of their devices. Maybe there are other people counterfeiting these products, but the originals brands should not be banned from Amazon, but whatever.
Not sure if you're aware of this thread. At the beginning it is established SMSL changed the opamp yet continued to advertise the original;

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...nge-smsl-m500-high-3rd-harmonic.22710/page-10

JSmith

preload

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, I wish the site could develop a more scientific and transparent approach (name it guidances or guidelines) to what gets tested and why it gets tested and what does not. Just accepting what the crowd or the mfr send in is imho not such an approach.

I'm not sure how it can get any more transparent. Members and manufacturers send products to Amir. He tests them. He discloses where the product came from.

Some members are appreciative of the free information they receive. Others choose to complain about the most inane things.

SMSL-Mandy

Audio Company

BlackTalon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The SMSL vs S.M.S.L on Amazon is unfortunate. Definitely makes it difficult to see everything available at once.

JPrufrk

Apparently the DA-9 is now made by "MOUSAI". Go figure. :p
1621112735987.png

Top Bottom