• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Desktop Speaker Stands

decomo

White-PRO-Pair-wKali-wShadows_2048x2048.jpg

9in lift. Little tricky to hide cables behind them, but it should be possible to do so with some glue or something maybe.
At $190 though they are double the price of the Kantos. 9in of lift is really nice though. I don't understand why most stands are so short.

Doesn't fit a medium speaker like LS50 Meta I think.

Not sure what material it is made of. If it is thin aluminium, then price seems a bit too high.. I like the white colour though..

decomo

AKER stands look very well made and fit for LS50 or similarly sized desktop speakers. Pricey though.

Jay's video (timestamp 5:00 onwards)

Found the website that stands referred.

It is also pricey but more solidly made with some adjustability on height and angle.

bajido

Hello guys, I'm dealing with a simple problem. I have IsoAcoustics Aperta stands, I was using them with my Kef Ls50w (first version). I upgraded to the new Kef Ls50 Wireless II. My problem is that the Aperta stands do not fit the ls50w II due to the location of the rubbers under the ls50 w2. In the manual of the Kef S2 stand it is said that the rubbers can be removed, but I feel like I am damaging the originality. If I remove them, what kind of glue would you recommend to avoid damaging the speaker? Maybe I can reposition the tires to fit the aperta size. Alternatively, I could try using an extra plate between the KEFs and IsoAcoustics. Does it work well this way? What do you recommend?

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
Hello guys, I'm dealing with a simple problem. I have IsoAcoustics Aperta stands, I was using them with my Kef Ls50w (first version). I upgraded to the new Kef Ls50 Wireless II. My problem is that the Aperta stands do not fit the ls50w II due to the location of the rubbers under the ls50 w2. In the manual of the Kef S2 stand it is said that the rubbers can be removed, but I feel like I am damaging the originality. If I remove them, what kind of glue would you recommend to avoid damaging the speaker? Maybe I can reposition the tires to fit the aperta size. Alternatively, I could try using an extra plate between the KEFs and IsoAcoustics. Does it work well this way? What do you recommend?
I had a similar problem with my speakers where the "feet" on the bottom didn't line up with the tops of the IsoAcoustic stands:

1644875170746.png

I used a couple of granite tiles I happened to have that were pretty much the perfect size, but I imagine a sheet of plywood, MDF, aluminium, acrylic, etc.. would work equally well.

Gorillz

Disclaimer: I work at Synthizer but for such height, some clamp speaker stands might be the best solution rather than the "u shaped" ones.

Midnight Audiophile

I use the Kanto SP6HD stands with Dali Spektor 2s. The stands are great, very heavy steel and they come with two top plates: one pair is 4.25" x 7" and the other pair is 7" x 7". The 7x7s are very stable with the Spektor 2s. The stands have screw mounts and I thought about adding mounting sleeves to my speakers but don't really feel the need. I used the 4.25" x 7" plates for making headphone stands. Just attach a foam yoga brick with some double-stick tape and a screw through the mounting hole.

RosalieTheDog

Sorry to revive this very old thread. I had the same problem as the OP. Our TV furniture is quite wide, so there is no space for stands next to or in front of the cabinet. The speakers have to sit on top, meaning they are slightly too low and the cabinet can resonate.

I find a nice and not too expensive solution which I haven't seen mentioned: Dayton Audio SSWB6 6, about 15 cm tall. I think they look good.

dayton-audio-sswb6-6-speaker-stand-pair-with-woode.jpg

Top Bottom