• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

White Speaker stands for Genelec 8351B and 8341A?

OP
G

gworrel

I finally set up the white K&M 26735 stands with the 19780 adapters, and it turned out to be a bit of a disaster. The stands were ok with the 8341a speakers but were very unstable with the 8351B speakers. The weight of the 8351B speakers, combined with the way the adapter places the speaker out away from the center of the base, made them very tippy. The 8351B was going to fall over without any provocation. It is clear why Genelec's stand, only available in black, places the pole at the back of the base so the weight is centered over the base. Another problem with the K&M stands for this application is that they move the speaker quite a bit farther from the wall out into the room. In this room, that was mainly a problem for the surround speakers. The K&M stands are definitely nice pieces of hardware. The finish is excellent and the quality is first rate.
Going back to the Rockville stands which are a serious bargain in comparison.

Genelec 8341a on K&M stand.jpg

Sancus

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ah that's too bad. There's probably(or can be manufactured) a way to mount the speaker with the screw on the bottom of it instead of the back, but honestly I think the Rockwells look good. So you should probably just stick with those :)

Sebastiaan de Vries

I have mentioned before that the K&M 8000-400 is customized available from K&H. The Genelec distributor for China can place a custom order for it, and I believe they have stock in their Shanghai warehouse. If you don't mind paying for shipping, I can connect you with the China distributor. Personally, I think they look stunning! That being said, the “mystery stand” looks best of all. If ever they are available I would switch to them in a heartbeat!

Attachments

• IMG_0939.jpeg
    IMG_0939.jpeg
    255 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0944.jpeg
    IMG_0944.jpeg
    253.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0942.jpeg
    IMG_0942.jpeg
    200.4 KB · Views: 53
Top Bottom