• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

White Speaker stands for Genelec 8351B and 8341A?

gworrel

First post here but hoping to get some feedback from some of the Genelec owners. The Genelec stands are only available in black. I would like to find some white stands for a living room 5.2 setup that will have the 8351B for LCR and 8341A for surrounds. I would prefer white stands but will go with the Genelec in black if nothing else is viable. Some possible contenders include the Kanto SX26 and the Kef S2 stands.

The Kanto SX26 is 26" high with a top plate that is 6.5” x 9.25” (16.5 cm x 23.5 cm). Is 26" high enough? Will the isopod fit on that top plate?

The Kef S2 doesn't have full dimensions on the spec sheet but shows 652 x 226 x 308 mm (25.7 x 8.9 x 12.1 in.) as the size. So a little under 26" tall but not sure about the top plate size. It is made to fit a Kef LS50 with dimensions of 302 x 200 x 278 mm (11.9 x 7.9 x 10.9 in.)

Any feedback on either of these stands or other possibilities is appreciated. Also, I want to place the center 8351B horizontally beneath a 77" OLED with the top of the 8351B at about 24" high and angled up. Kanto has a 9" tall stand that is made for desktops that might work. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

OP
G

gworrel

You can see what I did with my setup. K&M stands are not cheap though.
Thank you. I saw your setup once before but never looked at the text closely. I see now that it is pieced together with different K&M parts. That could work. I will not be doing any height speakers. Those base plates look huge. Looks like they make quite a few different parts so I wonder if they make smaller base plates. Do the incline adapters bolt right to the Genelecs?

Sancus

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you. I saw your setup once before but never looked at the text closely. I see now that it is pieced together with different K&M parts. That could work. I will not be doing any height speakers. Those base plates look huge. Looks like they make quite a few different parts so I wonder if they make smaller base plates.
They make a 450mm round base plate in white, I think that's the smallest. There is a 300mm diameter one but it's only available in black afaik, unfortunately.

Do the incline adapters bolt right to the Genelecs?
Yes, the adapters I mention in my post(19780 & 19610) both bolt directly to the Genelec. There is a photo and some more details that explain the mounting in this post.

Honestly, there may be other configurations that would work. You could email [email protected] and ask them what white product combination of theirs they would suggest for your use case. When I emailed them about my setup in 2020 they responded in 1-2 days with great detail.

The Kanto SX26 is 26" high with a top plate that is 6.5” x 9.25” (16.5 cm x 23.5 cm). Is 26" high enough? Will the isopod fit on that top plate?
I don't think that will fit, the 8351B's isopod is like 6.7" x 7.5". You can see the dimensions of the mounting plates for different sizes in the manual for them.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1699572691131.jpeg

OP
G

gworrel

They make a 450mm round base plate in white, I think that's the smallest. There is a 300mm diameter one but it's only available in black afaik, unfortunately.

Yes, the adapters I mention in my post(19780 & 19610) both bolt directly to the Genelec. There is a photo and some more details that explain the mounting in this post.

Honestly, there may be other configurations that would work. You could email [email protected] and ask them what white product combination of theirs they would suggest for your use case. When I emailed them about my setup in 2020 they responded in 1-2 days with great detail.

I don't think that will fit, the 8351B's isopod is like 6.7" x 7.5". You can see the dimensions of the mounting plates for different sizes in the manual for them.
I started this reply earlier but then went to dinner before I posted it. I found this K&M speaker stand 26735 that would work with the same adapters you're using. The base plate is smaller but should be adequate without the need to support the height speakers as well. It looks like it uses the same smaller base plate that you reference. I have an email into the supplier I am using to see if they can get them. Now I need to see if they offer the same thing in a very low height for a center speaker. Do you know if that incline adapter will bolt to the 8351b when it is in a horizontal orientation? Thanks.

Sancus

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I started this reply earlier but then went to dinner before I posted it. I found this K&M speaker stand 26735 that would work with the same adapters you're using. The base plate is smaller but should be adequate without the need to support the height speakers as well.
Yeah that's a combo package of the 26700 base plate and 26736 rod. Which is the same one I'm using. If you mount with 19780s flipped upside down that will give you a center-of-tweeter height of about 37.5". And yes, you should be totally fine with the base plate. It's still 450mm diameter which isn't tiny.

Do you know if that incline adapter will bolt to the 8351b when it is in a horizontal orientation?
Not by itself, you'll need an adapter plate 24352. See below image for how that works, red is the adapter plate and blue is the 19780 incline.

1699588272879.png

Now I need to see if they offer the same thing in a very low height for a center speaker.
I don't know of anything short enough offhand but there might be something, they do have a lot of products.

OP
G

gworrel

This is the TV stand stock photo. The actual TV sits within an inch of the wood legs. I picked the stand to allow room for a properly placed center channel. The crossbar is 24.8" above the floor. The Genelec center channel would put the top of the horizontal 8351b at about 18.6" which seems a little low. Tilted up adds another inch or two. It looks like I could maybe add some spikes or larger feet to the Genelec stand to bring it up another 1-2".

The white incline adapter is a special order that is 16 weeks out according to my supplier. In front left and right, the adapters are hidden so black is probably okay and they are probably readily available.

TV stand easel.jpg

Sancus

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The tweeter on my center 8351B is ~27" from the floor. Higher is better, ear level would be ideal but is obviously difficult to achieve without an uncomfortably high TV. Unless you're always reclining, then it's doable.

OP
G

gworrel

The tweeter on my center 8351B is ~27" from the floor. Higher is better, ear level would be ideal but is obviously difficult to achieve without an uncomfortably high TV. Unless you're always reclining, then it's doable.
The K&M stands may be out of the question. I am told 10 weeks lead time for either the white or black adapters, K&M 19780. The top-mounted adapter, 19610, seems to mean a minimum speaker mounting height of 1100mm (43.3"). That is too high from everything I have read. I have a message into K&M to see if they have any recommendations.

One very inexpensive stand that will work out of the box for left, right, and surrounds, and is available immediately, is the Rockville RS29W that sells on Amazon for $70 a pair. The top plate is 9"x8.7". At 29", it puts the tweeter at about 38 5/16" high. Reviews are mixed but may do in a pinch.

The center stand is the toughest to find right now. The Genelec table stand is too low by about 5-6". I can probably go higher than I originally thought if I bring it forward in front of the TV stand. There are not many stands that are in the height range of 13-16". With the TV on the stand as it is, the highest tweeter height possible is about 23". That would require a stand of about 16" tall. This Sanus stand: https://www.amazon.com/Sanus-Systems-BF-16B-Speaker-Stands/dp/B00009WE0Z is 16" high in black wood.

The color used on the Genelec white speakers is RAL 9010. Spray cans with matching paint can be bought at this website: https://www.crosslinkpaints.com/RAL-9010-12-Oz-Touch-Up-Paint.html in a 12oz size. They offer various sheens from flat to full gloss. Genelec doesn't specify the sheen but I would guess satin.

Just found this adapter for 35mm pole mounting (K&M) with VESA 75x75 and 100x100 options. https://www.amazon.com/WALI-Mountin...dp/B07NBSDN2T/ref=psdc_10966911_t3_B00GN2ZSVA This would require the 8000-437B VESA Adapter. Weight capacity is 22lbs so not enough for 8351B but could work for 8341a.

Some other stands I have looked at: SolidSteel SS-7 in white tripod design, top plate 6 5/16 x 6 5/16. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_961SS7W/Solidsteel-SS-7-White.html

Many of the top plates may be too small so one possibility would be to use a Genelec Stand Plate 8051-408 fasted with double-sided tape. It would be cheaper to buy the Rockville RS29w and use the top plates from that.

One mystery stand that Genelec used in a Munich High End show in 2018 is shown in these screen shots from a Genelec video. I say mystery because I have seen questions asking about them but have never seen a response from Genelec. I could see perhaps making some like this DIY out of wood then painted.

Genelec mystery stand pic 3.png
Genelec mystery stand pic 4.png
Genelec mystery stand pic 6.png

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I use Kef S2 (available in white; not sure if it's an exact match) with my 8331s - I didn't plan it, I just had them lying around after selling my Kefs. It works better than expected - with a larger standplate like the 41/51, it would probably look seamless.

Attachments

• 1699824924566966389885781822599.jpg
    1699824924566966389885781822599.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 20231105_184928.jpg
    20231105_184928.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 89

Sancus

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The K&M stands may be out of the question. I am told 10 weeks lead time for either the white or black adapters, K&M 19780.
I'm guessing you're in the US? My experience is that NA retailers are terrible at dealing with K&M and overpriced too. I ordered all of my stuff from Thomann and it was cheaper even with shipping. They have the 19780 black in stock and the white available "in 2-5 days" allegedly.

OP
G

gworrel

I'm guessing you're in the US? My experience is that NA retailers are terrible at dealing with K&M and overpriced too. I ordered all of my stuff from Thomann and it was cheaper even with shipping. They have the 19780 black in stock and the white available "in 2-5 days" allegedly.
Yes, I am in the U.S. I am setting this system up for a customer/friend so I am getting a discount on pricing from a local pro audio dealer because it is for resale. I see dealers in the U.S. generally show that the 19780 white is special order with delivery of 1-4 weeks. I don't know how reliable any of that is.

I did find a way to possibly buy from Thomann. There is a company called shipgerman.com that gives you a German address for shipping, then they re-ship to the U.S. for a small fee. I may send a message to Thomann and ask them to check actual availability on the white ones.

My preference would be a less industrial, less-pro audio look. The stands that Genelec used at the high end show in Munich look very good, but unfortunately appear to be custom only. It's a shame that Genelec puts so little emphasis on the home high end market.

OP
G

gworrel

How long was shipping from Thomann for you? I didn't mention in my previous comment that the Thomann site says they cannot ship Genelec or K&M to the U.S. I assume there is no such restriction on Canada? The re-shipper could be an easy way around it if they have no problem shipping to the address supplied.

OP
G

gworrel

Thomann had the white 19780 in stock today so I ordered them and had them shipped to the re-shipper so I'll have to see how that goes. They should have them in a couple of days and then it's however long it takes to ship to the U.S.

Sancus

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How long was shipping from Thomann for you? I didn't mention in my previous comment that the Thomann site says they cannot ship Genelec or K&M to the U.S. I assume there is no such restriction on Canada? The re-shipper could be an easy way around it if they have no problem shipping to the address supplied.
It was like 2 weeks I think, faster than I expected. It was a few years ago though so doesn't necessarily mean anything(especially this time of year).

It looks like Thomann's stopped shipping to Canada entirely, which is unfortunate. At the time there were no restrictions though, no.

OP
G

gworrel

It was like 2 weeks I think, faster than I expected. It was a few years ago though so doesn't necessarily mean anything(especially this time of year).

It looks like Thomann's stopped shipping to Canada entirely, which is unfortunate. At the time there were no restrictions though, no.
I think Thomann has a limited territory that excludes the U.S. and Canada. But Thomann has shipped my order for the adapters at no charge to shipgerman so I should get an update in another day or so. I've sold things on eBay where people used a re-shipper so I was familiar with the concept.

I heard back from Genelec about the mystery stands in use at the Munich High End Show. They were built by a local carpenter in Iisalmi, Finland. Limited quantity made so not available. They look like something that someone could DIY or have a shop do. Looks like a wall mount attachment to the upright would work well. I am going to ask if anyone at Genelec still has the design drawings.

The Genelec rep also said that the minimum size recommended for the top plates on other stands are
7 1/2" x 6 1/2" for 8341A
9" x 8" for 8351B

Genelec recommended checking out the Solid Tech stands.
127031570_106316831312635_4111940636725071948_n.jpg

I have ordered 4 of the inexpensive Rockville RS29W stands to use for now.
61fk8gmOl1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The center channel stand has me somewhat stumped with the only options seeming to be to modify something. I may grab an Ikea stool for $15.99 and cut 5cm off the legs to the 40cm height that I need.

kyrre-stool-birch__0714153_pe729952_s5.jpg

OP
G

gworrel

It took one week to get the K&M incline adapters from Germany and the total cost was less than buying them in the U.S.

I modified and painted a Monoprice speaker stand to use for the center channel. I unscrewed the threaded inserts, then cut about 4 inches off the wooden supports, drilled a 3/8 inch hole and screwed the threaded inserts back in. Painted it with Krylon Fusion spray paint in Matte white.

Monolith 18in speaker stand.jpg

Monolith 18in speaker stand modified close-up2.jpg

The Rockville 29inch stands are not a bad fit but I think the K&M stands are undoubtedly more stable and look better.

Surround Sound 8341A Rockville stand cropped.jpg

Kervel

Forum Donor
Hi! My solution was a simple side table. Looks great with a plant next to it.
gsc_121224665_2955553_1

Top Bottom