• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon X4700H (w/ 2 channel amp) VS X6700H

What AVR

• Total voters

Blue2kid3

Tell me what to do run the Denon with some amp like the Emotiva Basx a - 300 for 7.1.4 or just get the X6700H and dont worry about an amp.

Please help and thank you!

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Tell me what to do run the Denon with some amp like the Emotiva Basx a - 300 for 7.1.4 or just get the X6700H and dont worry about an amp.

The difference in output between the 4700 and 6700 is about 0.5 dB, just 1 click on the volume dial!!
The difference in output between the Emotiva A300 and the 4700 is less than 1 dB.

So I can't vote as there is no option for the 4700 + a power amp that would make a significant enough difference, such as the buckeyamp:
(2) Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement! | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum

that is, the NC502MP if you really want to make a difference and only if you listen loud..:D

Last edited:
The difference in output between the 4700 and 6700 is about 0.5 dB, just 1 click on the volume dial!!
The difference in output between the Emotiva A300 and the 4700 is less than 1 dB.

So I can't vote as there is no option for the 4700 + a power amp that would make a significant enough difference, such as the buckeyamp:
(2) Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement! | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum

that is, the NC502MP if you really want to make a difference and only if you listen loud..:D

I am having a difficult time buying Peng's above argument with the Emotiva 300A vs the internal 4700 amps. Have you tried it Peng? Also the recommendation of a start-up amp company that wants your money now and will deliver in 3 -4 months is for the fools IMO.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hard to know without more information about your speakers and use but I'd lean towards what is more cost effective of your two choices....altho I wouldn't buy Emotiva particularly either.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am having a difficult time buying Peng's above argument with the Emotiva 300A vs the internal 4700 amps. Have you tried it Peng? Also the recommendation of a start-up amp company that wants your money now and will deliver in 3 -4 months is for the fools IMO.
That's not a start up company. It's one very nice guy who assembles amps and sells them to folks like us who want high power, clean and affordable amplification.

oupee

An external amplifier can be more reliable, it will probably cope better with loudspeakers if they have a wild impedance, and most importantly it is much better if the external amplifier burns out than the whole AV receiver.

Top Bottom