• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Deactivating DSP

CarlToft

Hey, I just ordered a Topping D10's for my Topping L30. I have heard that my Asus b350-f gaming has DSP on as default, but I don't know how to deactivate it. Would be nice if someone has a tutorial for it, because I couldn't find one on google.

Last edited:

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The Asus' DSP is only relevant if you're using the onboard audio. As soon as you plug in an external USB audio device, like the Topping D10, the onboard audio is no longer used. Make sure you select the D10 as your default audio device, though.

OP
C

CarlToft

The Asus' DSP is only relevant if you're using the onboard audio. As soon as you plug in an external USB audio device, like the Topping D10, the onboard audio is no longer used. Make sure you select the D10 as your default audio device, though.
Thanks

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hey, I just ordered a Topping D10's for my Topping L30. I have heard that my Asus b350-f gaming has DSP on as default, but I don't know how to deactivate it. Would be nice if someone has a tutorial for it, because I couldn't find one on google.
A USB DAC bypassed the sound card and it's features.
Try a free program called Foobar 2000 (with WASAPI), it great for playing audio files, providing a very clean signal.

OP
C

CarlToft

A USB DAC bypassed the sound card and it's features.
Try a free program called Foobar 2000 (with WASAPI), it great for playing audio files, providing a very clean signal.
Is probably not the same but does AIMP bypass it too? If not can you explain simply how it works?

Top Bottom